XPEnology Community

Develop and refine SA3600(broadwellnk) and SA6400(epyc7002) thread

hello,

im interested in an arc loader question hopennot to offend.

I'm testing Arc loader on an AMD build and since Ark does not support HBA on epyc7002 sa6400 (the model i need) does anyone know how to make epyc7002 work with lsi 3008? or if it works already?  i would think getting mpt3sas to work on epyc7002 would be the answer.

i need support for lsi 3008 hba sas to sata on epyc7002 please.

12 hours ago, Captainfingerbang said:

hello,

im interested in an arc loader question hopennot to offend.

I'm testing Arc loader on an AMD build and since Ark does not support HBA on epyc7002 sa6400 (the model i need) does anyone know how to make epyc7002 work with lsi 3008? or if it works already?  i would think getting mpt3sas to work on epyc7002 would be the answer.

i need support for lsi 3008 hba sas to sata on epyc7002 please.

rr already stably supports mpt3sas on sa6400.
Recently, mshell also adopted the latest version of the mpt3sas and r8125 modules.
Stable operation has been confirmed in sas2008 and sas3008.
I confirmed that rr and arc's mpt3sas are currently sharing the latest version, version 24.2.0.
I think the only difference is the disks addon.
As a result of verifying Arc's disks addon, this part was also working well.
Share your disk list and /etc/model.dtb file while using the arc loader.

Use the commands below.
ll /sys/block
cat /sys/block/sata*/uevent | grep 'PHYSDEVPATH'
grep 'pciepath' /sys/block/sata*/device/syno_block_info
grep 'ata_port_no' /sys/block/sata*/device/syno_block_info

Edited by Peter Suh

With rr 24.2.0 I am still unable to get hotplug to work, the out of the box dts file looked correct when comparing to syno_block_info so I'm not sure what's up there.  There is also a repeating error in the logs:

2024-02-15T21:57:19-05:00 MediaVaultXL synostgd-disk[31748]: disk/disk_is_mv1475_driver.c:66 Can't get sata chip name from pattern /sys/block/sata15/device/../../scsi_host/host*/proc_name

2024-02-15T21:57:19-05:00 MediaVaultXL synostgd-disk[31750]: disk/disk_is_mv_soc_driver.c:71 Can't get sata chip name from pattern /sys/block/sata16/device/../../scsi_host/host*/proc_name

2024-02-15T21:57:19-05:00 MediaVaultXL synostgd-disk[31750]: disk/disk_is_mv1475_driver.c:66 Can't get sata chip name from pattern /sys/block/sata16/device/../../scsi_host/host*/proc_name

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the dts file or missing clarity on what to do. 

I have 40 disks populated and it sees all of them and works with them without issue aside from the hotplugging. 

Edited by cferra

On 2/21/2024 at 4:28 AM, Peter Suh said:

rr already stably supports mpt3sas on sa6400.
Recently, mshell also adopted the latest version of the mpt3sas and r8125 modules.
Stable operation has been confirmed in sas2008 and sas3008.
I confirmed that rr and arc's mpt3sas are currently sharing the latest version, version 24.2.0.
I think the only difference is the disks addon.
As a result of verifying Arc's disks addon, this part was also working well.
Share your disk list and /etc/model.dtb file while using the arc loader.

Use the commands below.
ll /sys/block
cat /sys/block/sata*/uevent | grep 'PHYSDEVPATH'
grep 'pciepath' /sys/block/sata*/device/syno_block_info
grep 'ata_port_no' /sys/block/sata*/device/syno_block_info

Wow thats great. Your always on top of things Peter.

I havent gotten my 3008 card yet though.  Postal service said "weather problems" yet there is no bad weather within 500 miles of here!

Thank you will do

By the way im getting too old, or smoking too much funny grass, but what does "rr" mean again?    Release date etc?

Edited by Captainfingerbang

1 hour ago, Captainfingerbang said:

Wow thats great. Your always on top of things Peter.

I havent gotten my 3008 card yet though.  Postal service said "weather problems" yet there is no bad weather within 500 miles of here!

Thank you will do

By the way im getting too old, or smoking too much funny grass, but what does "rr" mean again?    Release date etc?

RR is the new name for ARPL

• 1 month later...