XPEnology Community

Develop and refine SA3600(broadwellnk) and SA6400(epyc7002) thread

Yesterday jim3ma seems to have improved lkm5 once more.
So I also synced the pork repo and compiled 1.01 from version 1.00.
Rebuilding the loader with the now released state will start using version 1.01.
For details, please check the jim3ma command in my repo.

(add warning log when syno_port_type is 0 , reset sensor_num before update in all bios shim)

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/redpill-lkm5

1184260390_2023-05-157_06_12.thumb.png.ebdc0b44c33b67bba1e43e55825d9737.png

• Like 2

3 часа назад, Peter Suh сказал:

Yesterday jim3ma seems to have improved lkm5 once more.
So I also synced the pork repo and compiled 1.01 from version 1.00.
Rebuilding the loader with the now released state will start using version 1.01.
For details, please check the jim3ma command in my repo.

(add warning log when syno_port_type is 0 , reset sensor_num before update in all bios shim)

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/redpill-lkm5

1184260390_2023-05-157_06_12.thumb.png.ebdc0b44c33b67bba1e43e55825d9737.png

Can confirm. 7.2RC installs with no issues, thanks alot. what about 7.1?

34 minutes ago, maqros said:

Can confirm. 7.2RC installs with no issues, thanks alot. what about 7.1?

In my case, there are proxmox and bare metal made with Intel 4th generation.

7.2 RC was successful on proxmox and 7.1 on bare metal.

For the remaining two cases, a file corruption message appears at 56-57% during DSM installation.

Edited by Peter Suh

In my case, I still don't understand what happens with volume encryption...

It does not work most of the time...

synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: resource_internal_lib.c:404 Space resource: register type [md_id], 2=acquired
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: space_create.c:953 [Info] Create RAID: /dev/md2, RAID level: 32, device items: 1
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: resource_internal_lib.c:404 Space resource: register type [md_id], 2=preserved_230131
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: resource_internal_lib.c:524 Space resource: register type [md_id], 2=xxx:xxx:xxx
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: resource_internal_lib.c:404 Space resource: register type [pool_vg_id], 1=preserved_230131
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: resource_internal_lib.c:524 Space resource: register type [pool_vg_id], 1=xxxxxxxxxxxx
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: resource_internal_lib.c:404 Space resource: register type [pool_id], 1=/dev/vg1
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: flashcache_create.c:86 Create Cache: /usr/bin/flashcache_create -n 12 -s 324009984 -p dummy cachedev_0 none /dev/vg1/volume_1
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: flashcache_create.c:122 SpaceCommand:command="/usr/bin/flashcache_create -n 12 -s 324009984 -p dummy cachedev_0 none /dev/vg1/volume_1" Error=""
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: utils_luksdev.c:42 Failed to do cryptsetup, result = [1024]
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: utils_luksdev.c:236 Failed to open luks device [/dev/mapper/cachedev_0]
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: encvol_create.c:158 Failed to unlock [/volume1] with data encryption key, delete the wrong key

synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: virtual_space_implement.c:2094 Failed to create encryption volume layer
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: virtual_space_create_all.c:102 Failed to create layer [ENC_VOLUME] on device [/dev/mapper/cachedev_0] of space [/dev/vg1/volume_1], ret=-1

synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: virtual_space_implement.c:714 No cache config, ssd path=none mode=6
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: flashcache_unload.c:115 Unload Cache: /sbin/dmsetup remove --retry cachedev_0
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: flashcache_unload.c:153 Success to unload [cachedev_0]
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: flashcache_unload.c:158 SpaceCommand:command="/sbin/dmsetup remove --retry cachedev_0" Error=""
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: virtual_space_implement.c:729 Remove dummy cache
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: virtual_space_implement.c:776 No need to release SSD ID
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: space_create.c:284 failed to create virtual space on /dev/vg1/volume_1. [0x2000 file_get_key_value.c:80]
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: space_lib.cpp:2612 failed to alloc lv for /volume1 on /dev/vg1
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: resource_internal_lib.c:475 Space resource: release type [volume_id], 1=
synoscgi_SYNO.Storage.CGI.Volume_1_create[23206]: resource_internal_lib.c:475 Space resource: release type [pool_id], 1=

Edited by Orphée

@Peter Suh

Hi. Thank You for making this nice, elegant shell for redpil. I've had few problems. The wallpaper of linux on white areas makes hard for reading white font of reports. At least on 14 inch, colour VGA monitor. I have only only one onboard lan realtek 8125, which is recognized by linux, but not by DSM. I suppouse that m-shell is automatically injecting the recognized lan module, because,  I haven't noticed a "adding module" option. Cheers.

51 minutes ago, smilenkovski said:

@Peter Suh

Hi. Thank You for making this nice, elegant shell for redpil. I've had few problems. The wallpaper of linux on white areas makes hard for reading white font of reports. At least on 14 inch, colour VGA monitor. I have only only one onboard lan realtek 8125, which is recognized by linux, but not by DSM. I suppouse that m-shell is automatically injecting the recognized lan module, because,  I haven't noticed a "adding module" option. Cheers.

In RedPILL module for kernel 5, m shell uses fabio's arpl repo as below.
It has been confirmed that fabio's module is not ready for r8125.
https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/arpl-modules/tree/main/src/5.x/drivers/net/ethernet/realtek

However, pocopico's modules are prepared.
If it's not an issue, I'll consider replacing it with this module.
https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-modules/tree/master/epyc7002-5.10.55

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smilenkovski said:

@Peter Suh

As per your request, the pocopico version 1.1 epyc7002-5.10.55.tgz file has been modified to be used for M SHELL.
The loader needs to be rebuilt.
All Realtek modules listed below are included.

r8101.ko
r8125.ko
r8152.ko
r8153_ecm.ko
r8168.ko
r8169.ko

9 hours ago, smilenkovski said:

@Peter Suh

Sorry, Peter, I don't konw how this works. I was at you github account and m-shel iis modified 5 days ago. So, am I using the same version v0.9.4.3-2 or else? Or m-shell is downloading new loader or parts from pocopico's github.

You don't have to worry about anything. Just re-build the TCRP loader. Do you know how to do it again?

Edited by Peter Suh

17 minutes ago, smilenkovski said:

Actually, "Lauderbuild rules' is term I never heard about it. When you say rebuild the loader You mean, to boot in existing loader , set new parameters, and build it and reboot. Is it?

I'm sorry. That word was a mistranslation due to a typo. Please ignore it.

Yes, your guess is almost correct.

As already mentioned a few days ago, ARPL and TCRP do not load modules individually anymore.

The integrated module pack (in this case, the epyc7002-5.10.55.tgz file) is automatically replaced as a whole.

https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-modules/releases/tag/v1.1

The replaced module pack includes r8125 newly.

Edited by Peter Suh

Following , 

Interested in using on a PC with 11th Gen intel CPU and would like HW transcoding for Plex. 

I generally use ESXI for my RedPill builds, understand this isnt possible on this model . 

Has anyone tried a work around using a physical USB passed through and a boot loader ? 

Thanks 

27 minutes ago, smilenkovski said:

I've lost Plex hw transcoding after upgrading to 7.2 official release on 10th gen i3. It was working on 7.1. 

You were running a custom built version with backported i915 drivers from Chinese 7.1 arpl link.

The default loader (and original SA6400) does not have this backported i915 driver.

So unless driver is backported again for 7.2, you won't have it on SA6400.

Edited by Orphée

1 hour ago, smilenkovski said:

By my understanding i915 till 11h gen is suported in kernel. Or I am wrong?

the i915 driver in jim ma's loader is a creation of his own

its not possible to just compile a i915 for syno's sa6400 kernel (as its done with network drivers from vanilla kernel source from kernel.org) there are parts missing for i915, that under normal circumstances, would be directly in the kernel file

he also added the stuff (as loadable modules) you would usually need to have direct in the kernel so its possible to load the "missing parts" as modules and then the i915 driver

as 7.1 and 7.2 use the same kernel version (5.10.55, based on syno's own modded kernel source they keep "secret") its in theory possible to also load the modules from jim ma's loader with tcrp or arpl as base (as long as synology did not change to much in the kernel source between 7.1 and 7.2), that would need to be tested

but if he publishes new binary's for 7.2 in his github repository it would be possible to use these and it should work for sure, but  i cant see that atm so ripping the i915 driver (and related drivers)  from his loader and trying them in tcrp or arpl with sa6400 7.2 would be the thing to try, the "right" way might be to make it a addon(?)

tell me if the problem with the number of disks is more than 21. I wrote several times earlier that I got a problem if I indicated to the TCRP bootloader that I had, for example, 36 HDDs, but physically installed only 22-24. Then the connected USB drives were displayed not as external but as internal. And no adjustments could fix it. Empirically, I then found out that USB always sits on the SATA> 21 port if it is not occupied by a SATA drive.

@pocopico @Peter Suh

I was able to get Jim3ma loader to boot on Esxi by passing a Physical USB to the VM (Esxi 8.0U1) 

I can reach the initial webpage were you would normally install the .pat file, but it detects no disks ? Does his loader have the require modules would you know ? There doesn’t seem to be an option to add any ?

I’m ready to try a passthrough of my 11th gen IGPU , but unfortunately I get no disks ?

Would really like to get 11th gen transcoding working in ESXi

IMG_0500.thumb.jpeg.468fdf1b0734a346077550573828bf27.jpeg