XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

6 minutes ago, Edward Page said:

I Checked but This Comes up>>>

2022-07-21 (1).png

OK got it,

so you PCIID is listed on included sky2 modinfo.

alias:          pci:v000011ABd0000436Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*

it should work. What about lspci -k ?

Edited by pocopico

12 minutes ago, Edward Page said:

yes these were working with TCRP but not in ARPL after booting it never comes online!  How may i suppose to add it custom?

Hi, it's possible it's causing a kernel panic, so it doesn't work. I will recompile this module for you to test.
Thank you for the informations

13 minutes ago, Edward Page said:

yes these were working with TCRP but not in ARPL after booting it never comes online!  How may i suppose to add it custom?

you may ask fbelavenuto if he can replace the sky2.ko in his bundle, or you can do it yourself by recreating the file in p3/modules/broadwellnk-4.4.180.tgz

Edited by pocopico

3 minutes ago, fbelavenuto said:

Hi, it's possible it's causing a kernel panic, so it doesn't work. I will recompile this module for you to test.
Thank you for the informations

@fbelavenuto if you have a scripted way to compile the module (which i think you do), you can add a remove *.o and *.ko or a make clean after each platform run as you might end up copying modules from a different platform. This i have tested and causes KP in most of the cases.

module managment is a lot of pain, i know :D 

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fbelavenuto said:

Yes, is necessary rebuild the loader

Could you do an sha256sum of the modules and decide automatically to update rd ?  also if you track the checksums then you'll be able to decide whether to update or not ? 

Edited by pocopico

56 minutes ago, Edward Page said:

@fbelavenuto how to add an custom addon? 

Marvell Yukon 2 Gigabit Ethernet! 

addon name as sky2.ko

after booting Network never comes online even lights goes off!

To change manually you need to unzip the <platform>-<kver>.tgz file in /mnt/p3/modules (Ex: /mnt/p3/modules/apollolake-4.4.180.tgz), change the sky2.ko file and repack again.

@fbelavenutoOne last thing is missing for my HP Micro Gen8.

The support for the internal network card is missing. It is a Broadcom BCM5720 chip, which uses (?) the tg3.ko. But the box doesn'T show up in the synologyfinder, even though you included the module.

Pocopico has a special "firmware" folder with additional files: Klick

Would be great if this internal card would work. This raises my speed up to 4GB/s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mmkt said:

@fbelavenutoOne last thing is missing for my HP Micro Gen8.

The support for the internal network card is missing. It is a Broadcom BCM5720 chip, which uses (?) the tg3.ko. But the box doesn'T show up in the synologyfinder, even though you included the module.

Pocopico has a special "firmware" folder with additional files: Klick

Would be great if this internal card would work. This raises my speed up to 4GB/s.

Thanks, I'll check.

@fbelavenuto do you mind sharing the module build options ? I always wanted to create a how to for module and extension compilation but didn’t have the time or the willing 😛  more or less it is based on the syno released kernel source and the toolchain. Once i download these, the process goes like this 

KERNEL_SOURCE="/opt/dsm-kernel/broadwellnk/linux-4.4.x"
KHOME="/opt/dsm-kernel/broadwellnk"

function dsmmake(){

make \
CROSS_COMPILE="$KHOME/usr/local/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-" \
CFLAGS="-I$KHOME/usr/local/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/include/" \
LDFLAGS="-I$KHOME/usr/local/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/sys-root/lib/" \
RANLIB="/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ranlib" \
LD="/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld" \
CC="/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc" \
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$KHOME/usr/local/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/lib" \
-C "$KHOME/usr/local/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/lib/modules/DSM-7.0/build/" \
ARCH=x86_64 M=`pwd` modules $@

}

cd $KERNEL_SOURCE/drivers/virtio/

dsmmake CONFIG_VIRTIO=m CONFIG_VIRTIO_MMIO=m CONFIG_VIRTIO_PCI=m CONFIG_VIRTIO_PCI_LEGACY=m CONFIG_VIRTIO_BALLOON=m CONFIG_VIRTIO_INPUT=m

Edited by pocopico