XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

В 02.07.2022 в 19:38, apriliars3 сказал:

I know that is too old, but it is possible to install DS1621+ and new DS2422+, I have tried with DVA1622 and no works on baremetal. Its ok.

On virtual, I have Ryzen with DVA3221 on VMWare, but DVA1622 not works.

Other day I will test with other J3455 or J5005 with the same loader.img and see it is possible with the same.

Some people on this forums managed to put ds3622xs+ and 920+ on 2nd gen cpu as e5-2420, but had no luck with dva3221, same story goes for dva1622, i guess you really need to have at least Haswell cpu to get it installed which is 4th gen cpu, as far as tests going on, this rule applies only to dva. But if you by some luck will manage to put it on your cpu, dont forget to write a note of how you did it)

В 04.07.2022 в 21:20, phone guy сказал:

@pocopicoI know this is a silly question, but people are reporting FMA3 is not required for DVA1622, so <Haswell will work (3rd core/Xeon V2) but in the case with Xeon, which do not have embedded graphics, then none of the AI SS works right? Its looking for i915/QSV right? and like a Xeon E5-2650v2 does NOT have that? unless I am wrong?

This build wants Intel graphics, and the DVA3221 wants Nvidia graphics AND FMA3 >Haswell chip (4th gen core/Xeon v3+) am I correct?

If all that is correct, does the 1622 only want intel graphics or would another graphics card work too?

DVA3221 doesn't require FMA3 for sure, since I managed to install it baremetal on Celeron N2807 Bay Trail-M (Gigabite Brix N2807) and this cpu doesn't have FMA3 (official intel website doesnt tell anything about it but gpu-z shows it doesn't have FMA3) DSM 7.1 and everything exept quickconnect and AI works as it should for about a month, too bad this miniPC doesnt have pci-e slot for external nvidia gpu, still didnt try dva1622 on it, but I think it should work too.

IMG_20220706_053621.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014
Screen add

Some people on this forums managed to put ds3622xs+ and 920+ on 2nd gen cpu as e5-2420, but had no luck with dva3221, same story goes for dva1622, i guess you really need to have at least Haswell cpu to get it installed which is 4th gen cpu, as far as tests going on, this rule applies only to dva. But if you by some luck will manage to put it on your cpu, dont forget to write a note of how you did it)

With Intel i3 2120 I have 56% file corrupt and stop installer. I test with DVA3221 and DVA1622 and same error.

Pid/vid isn’t issue because pendrive works with others cpu.

7 часов назад, apriliars3 сказал:

With Intel i3 2120 I have 56% file corrupt and stop installer. I test with DVA3221 and DVA1622 and same error.

Pid/vid isn’t issue because pendrive works with others cpu.

I had the same problem on my brix with n2807 and dva3221 multiple times before success, what I noticed as possible solutions that helped in my case:

1. make sure you use Sandisk usb flashdrive, better be new one (I ve tried with few Kingston drives and had errors while installing dsm)

2. Run ./rploader.sh satamap now command and put from 1 to 9 (in my case 1 worked) and check config file

3. When you get to ./rploader.sh build denverton-7.0.1-42218 make sure you dont get red text error caused by wrong time, I had to rewind it 7 hours back before my time to make sure error was gone (I think it has to do with different time zone of synology server or update server of the loader)

4. Dont forget to use very last command (I know it was added by default in new loader but give it a try):

./rploader.sh clean now; rm -rf /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles; rm -rf /home/tc/custom-module; 
./rploader.sh backup now;

5. Also clear your cache and cookies in web browser, or use fresh installed different browser for find.synology.com, sometimes it glitches and cannot copy .pat file correctly.

Edited by dimakv2014
Revise
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

I had the same problem on my brix with n2807 and dva3221 multiple times before success, what I noticed as possible solutions that helped in my case:

1. make sure you use Sandisk usb flashdrive, better be new one (I ve tried with few Kingston drives and had errors while installing dsm)

2. Run ./rploader.sh satamap now command and put from 1 to 9 (in my case 1 worked) and check config file

3. When you get to ./rploader.sh build denverton-7.0.1-42218 make sure you dont get red text error caused by wrong time, I had to rewind it 7 hours back before my time to make sure error was gone (I think it has to do with different time zone of synology server or update server of the loader)

4. Dont forget to use very last command (I know it was added by default in new loader but give it a try):

./rploader.sh clean now; rm -rf /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles; rm -rf /home/tc/custom-module; 
./rploader.sh backup now;

5. Also clear your cache and cookies in web browser, or use fresh installed different browser for find.synology.com, sometimes it glitches and cannot copy .pat file correctly.

Well, I have managed to update the Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge 71 with Intel i3 2120.

Simply burn the alpha 5 image to pendrive, created the build for the model DVA1622, serial, drivers, build and boot. Reboot and detect with Synology Assistant.

I have migrated from DS2422+ to DVA1622 without problems, and it seems that everything works, I have direct output by vga from the gpu and Surveillance Station has detected the 8 licenses when installing.

Thanks to fbelavenuto

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 201816.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 201858.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 201943.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 202040.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 202207.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 час назад, apriliars3 сказал:

Well, I have managed to update the Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge 71 with Intel i3 2120.

Simply burn the alpha 5 image to pendrive, created the build for the model DVA1622, serial, drivers, build and boot. Reboot and detect with Synology Assistant.

I have migrated from DS2422+ to DVA1622 without problems, and it seems that everything works, I have direct output by vga from the gpu and Surveillance Station has detected the 8 licenses when installing.

Thanks to fbelavenuto

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 201816.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 201858.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 201943.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 202040.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-06 202207.png

Thats great news, I am glad you managed it ) what about AI functions? As far as I understand you do have igpu HD 2000 in your cpu.

1 час назад, apriliars3 сказал:

I haven´t any camera ip. I can´t test with AI functions on Surveillance Station.

You can add mp4 file instead of ip camera, choose User Defined and choose mp4. Any video from other ip cameras, walk on the street and record, from movie will work, download somewhere )

Edited by dimakv2014
Add
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, merve04 said:

Out of curiosity, why run dva1622? Why not ds3615 or the like?

I use DS3622xs+ on HP Microserver Gen 8. With NUC J3455 have DS918+ with serial original by Synology.

With other pc I am going tested other models, only to learn and lost my time.

Hi @pocopico

I just got your loader (DVA1622) ran successfully on my rig (B250 chipset with onboard intel I219-v nic). All six drives has been detected.

I also had an Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port card in that system that working well in DS918+ system before. However, DVA1622 didn't see it. I tried to set netif_num=3 in grub as well as maxlanport="3" in /etc/synoinfo.conf and /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf but those didn't worked. lspci command show no ethernet device either.

I am not sure if DVA1622 doesn't support that nic or it only allows 1 nic in the system.

Thank you!

think im safe to upgrade?

just so you know, i didnt do ./rploader.sh satamap because it seems to give me problems when i do so building the loader.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 9.06.19 AM.png

ok im starting to get nevervous, because i wasnt sure if it was safe to proceed i shutdown and booted with my original key, my sever isnt coming back!

Edited by merve04

В 04.07.2022 в 12:50, majk10 сказал:

Коллеги, как мне добавить еще дисков в мою установку Два 1622 - у меня постоянно видно только 2? Установка напрямую с usb на ASRock j5040itx.

Were you able to run all 4 sata ports?

16 minutes ago, merve04 said:

I tried rebuilding usb key using satamap and it does detect the mobo 6 port controller followed but the 2x pci-e 5port jmb585 controllers, i think it did satamap655 and disk like 0006b or something weird,, maybe it needs to be modified?

SataPortMap has no effect on platforms that use DTS. If you use JUNs mode, then the disks should be added automatically. If you want to manually edit the DTS file then you can use the redpill-dtb-static. 

Maybe you also want to try the ARPL it DVA1622 builds and run OK on my test system

The 16Port DTS file for manuall edit can be found here -> https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/raw/develop/dva1622-16port.dts

Edited by pocopico

1 minute ago, pocopico said:

SataPortMap has no effect on platforms that use DTS. If you use JUNs mode, then the disks should be added automatically. If you want to manually edit the DTS file then you can use the redpill-dtb-static. 

Maybe you also want to try the ARPL it DVA1622 builds and run OK on my test system

thanks for the reply, i just downloaded the file from the first post and followed the instructions, did not try using my own dts, nor would i know how to, and if the file i downloaded doesnt have juns mode then i need to restart

1 minute ago, merve04 said:

thanks for the reply, i just downloaded the file from the first post and followed the instructions, did not try using my own dts, nor would i know how to, and if the file i downloaded doesnt have juns mode then i need to restart

If you are using jumkeys redpill-qjs-dtb then it should on the fly patch the DTS.

Otherwise on your loader boot into install, login and run

cat /sys/block/sata*/device/syno_block_info

to collect your drives pciepath and ata_port settings and edit the DTS file. 

6 minutes ago, pocopico said:

If you are using jumkeys redpill-qjs-dtb then it should on the fly patch the DTS.

Otherwise on your loader boot into install, login and run

cat /sys/block/sata*/device/syno_block_info

to collect your drives pciepath and ata_port settings and edit the DTS file. 

I'm using this file, https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/blob/develop/tinycore-redpill.v0.9.0.2.img.gz?raw=true

I tried the ARPL alpha 02 image but it doesnt boot?

do i access this cat /sys/block/sata*/device/syno_block_info in terminal when booted in tiny core image build?