XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

1 hour ago, iansc said:

@IG-88, I have make a test on 1st generation (i3-380M). Not work. 
System get boot, but installation of DMS goes until 56% and report error.

the fact it boots and you find it in network is enough, the problem with 918+/920+/dva3221 is that the kernel does not start on older cpu's so the loader never comes up when booting

we will see what other find out about cpu gen and ai surveillance

5 часов назад, iansc сказал:

Hey.

I was successful install on baremetal on a Laptop Del Inspiron.

- Internal display works.

- Transcode in jellyfin works.

- Recognized all disks.

- Only AI in survillance center not work.

image.thumb.png.30b1e52eca6c60a9ef5eb02725066e05.png

image.thumb.png.0508361fea35c2c500b82f5830f7b3be.png

You have cpu 7 Gen, but yout iGPU is 3rd gen - HD 4000, thats may be a problem since it looks like requirement for gpu is minimum 4th Gen (HD 4200 and up)

On 7/1/2022 at 12:54 AM, flyride said:

@pocopico it looks like the "breakdown" of the chained lspci -d ::XXX command (change you made in rploader) is doing something untoward. Someone reported this specifically with LSI earlier this week, but I can't duplicate it.

@apriliars3 Don't connect your data vmdk to the same controller as your loader image.  Add another SATA controller and move the vmdk to it.  Then try to change DiskIdxMap to 1000.  EDIT: the diskidxmap worked for another user so I'll update the satamap logic.  You can manually edit in the meantime.

I don´t understant what do you want to tell me.

Loader image vmdk is sata 0:0

Data vmdk is is sata 0:1

I change grub.cfg with SataPortMap=1 and DiskIdxMap=1000 and no works.

Edited by apriliars3

Data VMDK needs to be on SATA1:0.  Add another virtual SATA controller.

Data VMDK is not strictly necessary since you have LSI disks.

Without data VMDK and no secondary SATA controller, SataPortMap=1 DiskIdxMap=1000

With data VMDK and a secondary SATA controller, SataPortMap=11 DiskIdxMap=1000

9 hours ago, flyride said:

Data VMDK needs to be on SATA1:0.  Add another virtual SATA controller.

Data VMDK is not strictly necessary since you have LSI disks.

Without data VMDK and no secondary SATA controller, SataPortMap=1 DiskIdxMap=1000

With data VMDK and a secondary SATA controller, SataPortMap=11 DiskIdxMap=1000

I tested with VMWare and no works, with data vmdk SataPortMap=11 DiskIdxMap=1000 and without data vmdk SataPortMap=1 DiskIdxMap=1000.

I will continue to try other options. Thanks. 

Edited by apriliars3

1 hour ago, apriliars3 said:

I tested with VMWare and no works, with data vmdk SataPortMap=11 DiskIdxMap=1000 and without data vmdk SataPortMap=1 DiskIdxMap=1000.

I will continue to try other options. Thanks. 

the usb has to be connected on a DTS configured USB port. Check the USB port that your usb loader is connected and set this on the USB section of your DTS file 

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

the usb has to be connected on a DTS configured USB port. Check the USB port that your usb loader is connected and set this on the USB section of your DTS file 

I have two Virtual machine, one with DVA3221 and other with DVA1622, all detect ip

q71kAeI.png

DVA3221 works with VMWARE https://mega.nz/file/LYQ0RBwC#2VYsz1rUpxnDBTlWY9y9L2uy2d4pR6k8OEeFq1rg8KY

TsjLuD7.png

DVA1622 no works with VMWARE for me https://mega.nz/file/zY5XQRSI#-zjZRN9VGHpjRmiNIWp8KaBgRstBtAOG2aapCJPtKR8

hgO8iwr.png

Which is the difference and how can detect virtual hdd? You can download the two versions and test it. Only DVA3221 create loader with Jun´s mod Redpill and DVA1622 create loader with Redpill. I don´t know what is the difference, but VMWare no detect disks, and I don´t understand how to do a loader.img with DTS that works with issues.

Also, I have tested on baremetal DVA1622 with Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge71 Intel i3 2120 and error file when install 56%. 

For me, DVA1622 no works on virtual and baremetal. 

1 час назад, apriliars3 сказал:

I have two Virtual machine, one with DVA3221 and other with DVA1622, all detect ip

q71kAeI.png

DVA3221 works with VMWARE https://mega.nz/file/LYQ0RBwC#2VYsz1rUpxnDBTlWY9y9L2uy2d4pR6k8OEeFq1rg8KY

TsjLuD7.png

DVA1622 no works with VMWARE for me https://mega.nz/file/zY5XQRSI#-zjZRN9VGHpjRmiNIWp8KaBgRstBtAOG2aapCJPtKR8

hgO8iwr.png

Which is the difference and how can detect virtual hdd? You can download the two versions and test it. Only DVA3221 create loader with Jun´s mod Redpill and DVA1622 create loader with Redpill. I don´t know what is the difference, but VMWare no detect disks, and I don´t understand how to do a loader.img with DTS that works with issues.

Also, I have tested on baremetal DVA1622 with Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge71 Intel i3 2120 and error file when install 56%. 

For me, DVA1622 no works on virtual and baremetal. 

Your i3-2120 is way older than gen3 and integrated gpu HD 2000 too old as well, so far minimum working gpu needs to be HD 4200

Your i3-2120 is way older than gen3 and integrated gpu HD 2000 too old as well, so far minimum working gpu needs to be HD 4200

I know that is too old, but it is possible to install DS1621+ and new DS2422+, I have tried with DVA1622 and no works on baremetal. Its ok.

On virtual, I have Ryzen with DVA3221 on VMWare, but DVA1622 not works.

Other day I will test with other J3455 or J5005 with the same loader.img and see it is possible with the same.

You run satamap on tcrp?
IF Yes, try whitout satamap.

I tried with satamap or without satamap. no difference, same error.

DS920+ same issue, it is complicate virtualitation because no detect disks, but I was able to install with script Peter Sub and his new ds920p.dts.

I don’t know if the issue is .dts because I change dts with the same pciroot but the loader.img not detect disks.

В 28.06.2022 в 15:36, pocopico сказал:

For people that want to test the DVA1622 (Geminilake).

I have inlcuded that on latest development release of TCRP.

- Updated extensions

- Updated redpill-dtb-static

- Updated geminilake static redpill module

- Included the DVA1622 config on my redpill-lkm repo

- I have tested that on a VM, installs and boots OK. 

- All geminilake extensions should work

- Manual and automatic dts patching should work

- Two disks currently supported.

Unfortunatelly as i dont have time to test it on my geminilake PC, i would appreciate if someone could test it for me.

The process would be

1. Download latest development image from develop TCRP repo.

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/blob/develop/tinycore-redpill.v0.9.0.2.img.gz?raw=true

2. Burn the image on a USB flash drive

3. Boot into TCRP 

4. run

./rploader.sh update

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./rploader.sh identifyusb

./rploader.sh serialgen DS920+

./rploader.sh build dva1622_42661

5. reboot and install

** You need /dev/dri for the AI options to work, If AI is not available, look for "[error]Failed to open /dev/dri/card0"

Thanks so much for your hard work :)

SUCCESS: 

Baremetall on Notebook Asus X556UQ with Core i3-6100U cpu.

8 camera licenses (used SerMac Gen for DVA3221)

AI Face Recognition works, tested with mp4, no drivers needed to be installed,

AI worked out of box, just steps 1-5.

After I got image on display "DVA 1622 the local installation will take about 6 minutes to install" I went to web browser find.synology.com, it found ip, when it asked for .PAT file, downloaded DSM_DVA1622_42661.pat (the one with Update) and done.

Dva1622Scr1.jpg

Dva1622Scr2.jpg

Dva1622Scr3.jpg

IMG_20220703_030551.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014
Added screenshots
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, dimakv2014 said:

Thanks so much for your hard work :)

SUCCESS: 

Baremetall on Notebook Asus X556UQ with Core i3-6100U cpu.

8 camera licenses (used SerMac Gen for DVA3221)

AI Face Recognition works, tested with mp4, no drivers needed to be installed,

AI worked out of box, just steps 1-5.

After I got image on display "DVA 1622 the local installation will take about 6 minutes to install" I went to web browser find.synology.com, it found ip, when it asked for .PAT file, downloaded DSM_DVA1622_42661.pat (the one with Update) and done.

Dva1622Scr1.jpg

Dva1622Scr2.jpg

Dva1622Scr3.jpg

IMG_20220703_030551.jpg

How many HDDs you have in your setup? I’m going to give this shot when I’m back home in a week. I really gotta ensure this can support my 16bay drive server. 

54 минуты назад, merve04 сказал:

How many HDDs you have in your setup? I’m going to give this shot when I’m back home in a week. I really gotta ensure this can support my 16bay drive server. 

1 HDD and 1 USB flash drive, when I ran /rploader.sh satamap command it detected 2 drives, so I guess if you have 16 hdds it should detect 17 (1 extra for usb flash drive) so in your case put the number it detected

Edited by dimakv2014
Revise

1 hour ago, majk10 said:

Colleagues, how do I add more disks to my Dva 1622 installation - I only have 2 visible all the time?  Installation directly from usb on ASRock j5040itx.

You need to edit model.dts again to add the disk. Thats one option that i have not covered.

Maybe i should calculate even free ports instead of only existing disks during the DTS patching method.

• Like 1

Currently, once you have all your disks connected the patchdtc function which will run automatically during the build process and will update the DTS file to include all your disks.

If though this fails you might need to edit manually the DTS file and place it under /home/tc/custom-module

Edited by pocopico

@pocopicoI know this is a silly question, but people are reporting FMA3 is not required for DVA1622, so <Haswell will work (3rd core/Xeon V2) but in the case with Xeon, which do not have embedded graphics, then none of the AI SS works right? Its looking for i915/QSV right? and like a Xeon E5-2650v2 does NOT have that? unless I am wrong?

This build wants Intel graphics, and the DVA3221 wants Nvidia graphics AND FMA3 >Haswell chip (4th gen core/Xeon v3+) am I correct?

If all that is correct, does the 1622 only want intel graphics or would another graphics card work too?

1 minute ago, phone guy said:

@pocopicoI know this is a silly question, but people are reporting FMA3 is not required for DVA1622, so <Haswell will work (3rd core/Xeon V2) but in the case with Xeon, which do not have embedded graphics, then none of the AI SS works right? Its looking for i915/QSV right? and like a Xeon E5-2650v2 does NOT have that? unless I am wrong?

This build wants Intel graphics, and the DVA3221 wants Nvidia graphics AND FMA3 >Haswell chip (4th gen core/Xeon v3+) am I correct?

If all that is correct, does the 1622 only want intel graphics or would another graphics card work too?

The DVA1622 is looking for a /dev/dri device. Any supported i915 should work. If its not found the system works and SS license is for 8 cams,  but no AI is available

• Thanks 1