XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader Build Support Tool ( M-Shell )

Peter Suh

3 minutes ago, Orphée said:

May I suggest an easier ssh password or backup/restore .ssh/authorized_keys with loader backup ?

I did not try recently maybe it is already the case.

P@ssw0rd is already announced in many guides and texts.

Changing this part now will cause confusion to users. If you want to change the settings personally,

I can guide you on how to change and fix them within tc. Do you want it this way?

3 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

If so, I will no longer try to access the Tcrp loader build menu from the serial port console.
Instead, I will finish implementing the DSM Force re-install function.

Regarding the console, the base system tc of tcrp has a desktop, so the console is not turned on by default. The base system of RR does not have a desktop environment, so the default is console.
You can search for articles related to opening the console in ubuntu for reference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2024 at 8:20 PM, Peter Suh said:

To me, it sounds like they are asking for M-SHELL to have features like ARPL.^^ LOL

Let's consider adding features.

First I have to solve the MAC-SPOOF issue.

Questions about mac,
DSM will read the mac set in cmdline after startup and set it to eth in sequence.
So I blocked this process of DSM in RR 23.9.7.
In this way, eth maintains its own mac, and syno's app will read the mac in cmdline for verification. They do not affect each other, because eth has a real mac, so wake-up and other functions are also normal.

I think there is no need to modify the Mac. If you need to modify the Mac, the virtual environment can be modified directly on the upper virtual platform. The physical environment is best modified through official software and hardware.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Orphée said:

I did not really remember, so I did not want to say something false, but I just tested again.

And yes, console port access works too even in loader configuration with RR :

image.thumb.png.aaf5e7fc9d9de19f42ce1be0ee88e40b.png

That's strange.
I also tested it with the same RR v23.11.10 USB stick.
Is the situation different between baremetal and VM?
I will try it again.

Hi,
I still have the mac address issue 😕
I tried to rebuild the loader, I also made a new usb key with the latest release but DSM still use the real mac.

Is there anything else to do?

Thanks for your help !

1.png

2.png

3.png

46 minutes ago, Biocef said:

Hi,
I still have the mac address issue 😕
I tried to rebuild the loader, I also made a new usb key with the latest release but DSM still use the real mac.

Is there anything else to do?

Thanks for your help !

1.png

2.png

3.png

On 1/2/2024 at 5:11 AM, Peter Suh said:

[NOTICE]

I found out what was causing the SAN MANAGER package repair.
It has been confirmed that mac-spoof addon has a direct effect.
Currently, the mac-spoof addon has been removed so that it cannot be used.

Maybe this is related.

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 1

Hi @Peter Suh

I've been trying your build for the first time, using ESXI, with the latest version (v1.0.1.0.m-shell) and when building ds3622xsp_64570 (or later) I get:

[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-modules/master/ddsml/releases/modules.alias.3.json.tgz to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/ddsml/broadwellnk_44302/modules.alias.3.json.tgz
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/ddsml/broadwellnk_44302/modules.alias.3.json.tgz file... [ERR]
[!] Checksum mismatch - expected c70ada1247849d67bbb4face71e456c074f73511c0c3bae09ee1f479ffbeafa4 but computed ed263ba26e53869597b682a9fa9703a26b872e40e32658a8aae0d33e9772f389

*** Process will exit ***
[!] Failed to update all extensions for ds3622xsp_64570 platform - see errors above

*** Process will exit ***

I couldn't find someone else with the same issue... any idea? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tibag said:

Hi @Peter Suh

I've been trying your build for the first time, using ESXI, with the latest version (v1.0.1.0.m-shell) and when building ds3622xsp_64570 (or later) I get:

I couldn't find someone else with the same issue... any idea? 

Do not use the build command directly.

The menu method below corresponds to the above error.

Please use the menu.

./menu.sh

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

Do not use the build command directly.

The menu method below corresponds to the above error.

Please use the menu.

./menu.sh

Thanks for helping!

The error is from the menu: 

image.thumb.png.268c5b19ed095b6f13ad6fefe94487d1.png

I suspect this may be related to your latest commit @Peter Suhhttps://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/commit/708116888de6d9bb08b5b2fc1850c22fbba2011a 

I can see the file was changed so the md5 must have too. I am just not sure what is used to compare the md5s. 

Edit: nevermind, the issus is with the gz file which didn't change in 2 years...

Edited by Tibag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tibag said:

Thanks for helping!

The error is from the menu: 

image.thumb.png.268c5b19ed095b6f13ad6fefe94487d1.png

I suspect this may be related to your latest commit @Peter Suhhttps://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/commit/708116888de6d9bb08b5b2fc1850c22fbba2011a 

I can see the file was changed so the md5 must have too. I am just not sure what is used to compare the md5s. 

Edit: nevermind, the issus is with the gz file which didn't change in 2 years...

Actually there was a commit after which changed the gz file - I suspect this is our culprit! https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/commit/a97eb8527c416dfd17cb7f788f5245936ae03e41 

@Peter Suh I created a PR for your repo: https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-modules/pull/1

Edited by Tibag
  • Thanks 1

So I forked the repo and managed to build - the above PR will fix it. 

So I am now on my next challenge. After the build it starts and suggests to migrate my disks. I upload my pat and during the process it fails with a corruption message. I check my logs and see:

Detected data partition on sdag. Must not be fresh installation.                
ForceNewestLayout: Skipped                                                      
Mounting /dev/md0 /tmpRoot                                                      
------------upgrade                                                     
Begin upgrade procedure                                        
Failed to found any patch                          
No upgrade file found                                                           
End upgrade procedure                                           
============upgrade                                      
------------bootup-smallupdate                            
Failed to AssertFileKeyValueEqual                     
  value1: /etc.defaults/VERSION:buildnumber -> 69057  
  value2: /tmpRoot/etc.defaults/VERSION:buildnumber => 64570
Skip bootup smallupdate, because root is not matched to junior                  
============bootup-smallupdate                                                  
Failed to AssertFileKeyValueEqual                                               
  value1: /etc.defaults/VERSION:buildnumber -> 69057                           
  value2: /tmpRoot/etc.defaults/VERSION:buildnumber => 64570                    
Exit on error [7] root not matched with junior...                               
Wed Jan 10 21:24:03 UTC 2024                                                    
/dev/md0 /tmpRoot ext4 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0                              
none /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0

There is a few posts about that but none makes sense. Any idea?

35 minutes ago, Tibag said:

So I am now on my next challenge. After the build it starts and suggests to migrate my disks. I upload my pat and during the process it fails with a corruption message. I check my logs and see:

I´m not linux expert. How can I forked?

8 minutes ago, Trabalhador Anonimo said:

I´m not linux expert. How can I forked?

Pretty sure Peter will fix it once he is back online - I wouldn't bother if you can wait. Once the repo is forked you need to manually fudge the various scripts and it's a PITA. 

8 hours ago, Tibag said:

Actually there was a commit after which changed the gz file - I suspect this is our culprit! https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/commit/a97eb8527c416dfd17cb7f788f5245936ae03e41 

@Peter Suh I created a PR for your repo: https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-modules/pull/1

I was mistaken.

A tgz file should have been used here, not a gz file.

Only the sha256 content should not be changed.

The tgz file must have been recompressed and uploaded with new content.

The content has already been taken action.

Please withdraw your Pull Request.

2 hours ago, Tibag said:

Are you by any chance building a loader on a VM like Proxmox?

The Pat file corruption message is directly related to the failure to mount three partitions on the loader disk.

This occurs especially frequently in SATA mode used by VMs.

If it is Proxmox, there is also a way to convert it to USB mode instead of SATA mode.

Please tell me exactly what your situation is.

Edited by Peter Suh

6 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

I was mistaken.

A tgz file should have been used here, not a gz file.

Only the sha256 content should not be changed.

The tgz file must have been recompressed and uploaded with new content.

The content has already been taken action.

Please withdraw your Pull Request.

Thanks, I closed the PR. 

6 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Are you by any chance building a loader on a VM like Proxmox?

The Pat file corruption message is directly related to the failure to mount three partitions on the loader disk.

This occurs especially frequently in SATA mode used by VMs.

If it is Proxmox, there is also a way to convert it to USB mode instead of SATA mode.

Please tell me exactly what your situation is.

Yeah I am on ESXI using SATA controller... I can't really move to Proxmox as I have various other VMs running on my ESXI. 

Do you know any workaround?