XPEnology Community

Advanced Media Extension will not activate dsm7.1-42661

phone guy

I'm also using real sn and mac and cant get it to work. On Jun's 1.03b I had Quickconnect working just wanted to update for surveillance station on 3615xs. Reading the posts it seems like I should downgrade to 7.0. Any help on how to do that as I'm on 7.1 42661 U1

Edited by j911

20 hours ago, Nemesis said:

For some unexplainable reason, it just worked to activate the license. 

image.png

You have the old version - V2 will not activate without Synology account. Hopefully there is a work around at some point. Synology Photos won't process HEIC/HEIV.

On 6/6/2022 at 5:51 PM, j911 said:

I'm also using real sn and mac and cant get it to work. On Jun's 1.03b I had Quickconnect working just wanted to update for surveillance station on 3615xs. Reading the posts it seems like I should downgrade to 7.0. Any help on how to do that as I'm on 7.1 42661 U1

Did you correctly configure your netif_num parameter in user_config.json?

If 1 mac address: netif_num=1

If 2 mac address: netif_num=2

You can try a modification directly in grub at startup: press "e", search for netif_num=5 (default value) and modify by the number of addresses entered. Press "F10" to start. And test !

At the next start / reboot, these parameters will not be preserved. You will have to modify them on the usb key: grub.cfg or generate a new loader with TinyCore.

For your request, I don't know the method to downgrade. But I'm interested!

Sorry for sad english :-)

On 6/8/2022 at 4:54 PM, espy1 said:

You have the old version - V2 will not activate without Synology account. Hopefully there is a work around at some point. Synology Photos won't process HEIC/HEIV.

No, I do have v2. I disabled the DNS server, enabled Pihole and wanted to check the DNS query to see what Synology was resolving. 

Then suddenly it activated. Maybe it was because I was running DNS server?

I really have no clue why it suddenly works. 

image.png.d28a9b82a8b569bdbe9a5989388b47ff.png

27 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

No, I do have v2. I disabled the DNS server, enabled Pihole and wanted to check the DNS query to see what Synology was resolving. 

Then suddenly it activated. Maybe it was because I was running DNS server?

I really have no clue why it suddenly works. 

image.png.d28a9b82a8b569bdbe9a5989388b47ff.png

Well thats the first v2 image ive seen, Im going to make some time to try, rigth now Im kinda full.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:03 PM, phone guy said:

I think it has been mentioned here, that some S/N may be blocked by Synology, so I would assume if the serial (generated or real) is blocked or not blocked that may be contributing factor in success or failure.

Not my case, because I can activate easy and fast with the Real one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A variant with a real serial number and mac address from another device found on the Internet corresponding to the installed version. I confirm that it works.

I had a bootloader installed with an automatically generated serial number and mac address. i was getting an error and synology photos didn't process heic.

Tried this method didn't work 

In the end, I rebuilt the bootloader with the SN found and the MAC just restored my system, logged into the synology account and I achieved the result.

Thanks everyone for the advice 🙂

image.thumb.png.9adb090dcc553aded20d7bdb56eb2937.png

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 6:34 AM, pippobimbo said:

Working for me (ds3622xs+ on HP MicroServer Gen8).

You need real SN and MAC address AND « netif_num » argument in « grub.cfg » must match « macx » arguments.

In my particular case:
- netif_num=2
- mac1=0011…
- mac2=0011…

Thank you !
added all 4 macs and it worked.

A variant with a real serial number and mac address from another device found on the Internet corresponding to the installed version. I confirm that it works.

I had a bootloader installed with an automatically generated serial number and mac address. i was getting an error and synology photos didn't process heic.

Tried this method didn't work 
[/url]  

In the end, I rebuilt the bootloader with the SN found and the MAC just restored my system, logged into the synology account and I achieved the result.

Thanks everyone for the advice [emoji846]
image.thumb.png.9adb090dcc553aded20d7bdb56eb2937.png

I have SN and mac from other Synology model and not work with DVA1622.

The SN and mac is registered in my Synology account, but when try get license not works.

1 час назад, apriliars3 сказал:

I have SN and mac from other Synology model and not work with DVA1622.

The SN and mac is registered in my Synology account, but when try get license not works.

If you look at this table you will notice that your model is not listed. So you could not put the firmware from this model in any way. So you installed the firmware from some other model.

I think that when you try to get a license, the firmware code of a specific model is checked with a serial number and a set of mac addresses.

Since you obviously don't have the right combination, I think that's why you're failing.

7 hours ago, AskuSU said:

If you look at this table you will notice that your model is not listed. So you could not put the firmware from this model in any way. So you installed the firmware from some other model.

I think that when you try to get a license, the firmware code of a specific model is checked with a serial number and a set of mac addresses.

Since you obviously don't have the right combination, I think that's why you're failing.

Now, I am trying with DS920+. Serial number original from DS920+ and mac original from DS918+ and not works.

I have other DS918+ and it is possible to get the license, but if I use serial number and mac with DS920+ not works for activating AME.

image.thumb.png.522a3682cd51e920cd50f498aede9a7b.png

I'm using a real DVA3221 SN and MAC, but AME won't activate. And previously I have patched the AME activation with codec patch tool, but still won't activate.

After trying to declare the netif=... parameter in grub, finally it activated successfully.

But I only have HEVC in my box. I tried to reinstall it, but it still only show HEVC with no AAC. How is that happen?

image.thumb.png.f708b5fcbb3332e5d3469f4a368e8ab9.png

58 минут назад, kekesed97 сказал:

I'm using a real DVA3221 SN and MAC, but AME won't activate. And previously I have patched the AME activation with codec patch tool, but still won't activate.

After trying to declare the netif=... parameter in grub, finally it activated successfully.

But I only have HEVC in my box. I tried to reinstall it, but it still only show HEVC with no AAC. How is that happen?

image.thumb.png.f708b5fcbb3332e5d3469f4a368e8ab9.png

I think the problem is in the version of the codec. in later it seems AAC appears. in turn, the codec version depends on the device model.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:30 PM, Orphée said:

It will request driver update for AAC only when needed. So you need to try reading/enabling AAC for it to appear in AME for update.

Ah, that make sense. I only run Surveillance Station which indeed need HEVC as one of my ipcam is running on HEVC stream. I don't have any app that serve media.

But how to trigger the update request? I tried to install Audio Station and played some AAC files but it doesn't trigger the update.

Finally I have figured out this issue. I have real s\n and quickconnect works fine, but AME didn't work. The problem was I put only 1 mac in user_config for model ds3622xs. It must be at least 2 mac and netif_num=2 parameter (if you put 2 macs). I just edited grub.conf on my boot usb and problem disappeared. I hope this information helps someone.

Screenshot_1.png