XPEnology Community

Advanced Media Extension will not activate dsm7.1-42661

phone guy

Thanks wangsiji and everyone for the input. I've applied the patch, no errors or problems. The issue I have is I cant update to the latest version.

If I click install I get a download or installation failed, check your internet connection?

I'm running 7.1.1-42962 Update 2. DS920+

Any Ideas?

image.png

Edited by djdaveyg

being a total python rooky here:😐

Could anyone explain how to run a python script? Do I need to copy wangiji code into wordpad and save as *.py and then save it on the synology? Than go into ssh and try to run it? Tutorials I find on running python scripts all are about task scheduling it. Is that needed?

On 12/15/2022 at 9:24 AM, zexx said:

After patch i see only HEVC , without AAC , what`s wrong with my DSM ?

My env: hw (asrock j5040), DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2, dva1622

Screenshot from 2022-12-15 11-19-39.png

After running the python script I managed to get the same status as above.... somehow I dont have the option to update to Version 1.0.0-50001. 

I tried setting surveillance camera to H265 or play a HEVC movie in DS video, but without succes! What could be wrong?

I'm running dsm 7.1.1-42962 - Update 1 (DS918+)

Adding my voice to the queue on this topic..

Baremetal system using ARPL 0.9, running DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2, DS920+ w/REAL SN/MAC's, Intel i350-T2/AM2 Dual Port NIC, Dell OptiPlex 9020 w/i7-4790K

I don't know if it mattered the source, but I installed the AME from the Package Center, logged into my Synology account, and as you can see, it is the up to date AME package, and it appears to be activated correctly, so I assume with the but only HEVC, no AAC.  Additionally, I am not seeing/getting any notification of an codec beyond this 1.0.0-00001 version.

I have not run any activation scripts, as I assume I wouldn't need to with real SN/MAC....but maybe I missed something.  Possibly I need to execute some test sample to get it to upgrade.

@pippobimbo "You need real SN and MAC address AND « netif_num » argument in « grub.cfg » must match « macx » arguments." I assume, but I have not checked, that my grub.cfg is correctly configured as I can see in my Control Panel, Network, Network Interface, both NIC ports as being active.  

Also, there is this, when I issue this terminal command, I get this result.

root@TestNAS:~# cat /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf

cat: /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf: No such file or directory

Any thoughts / suggestion on things to try, or additional steps I can do to help...at this point, it's a test system, nothing critical on it. 🤓

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 7.27.14 PM.png

On 5/4/2022 at 10:34 PM, Nemesis said:

2022-05-05T05:32:51+02:00 Xpenology synocloudserviceauth[32079]: cloudservice_register_api_key.cpp:293 Register api key failed: Auth Fail
2022-05-05T05:32:53+02:00 Xpenology [Login MyDS Account] Run Config Backup login hook
2022-05-05T05:32:53+02:00 Xpenology license_server_login[32126]: api.cpp:542 Not Login yet
2022-05-05T05:32:53+02:00 Xpenology license_server_login[32126]: user.cpp:43 Failed to logout
2022-05-05T05:32:54+02:00 Xpenology license_server_login[32126]: api.cpp:562 API failed: POST /v1/user/login, response: {"data":{},"errno":256,"lineno":136,"status":false}
2022-05-05T05:32:54+02:00 Xpenology license_server_login[32126]: user.cpp:178 SLSendAPI fail

Question - how did you produce this listing?

Thank You

I guess we need to find somewhere to download the package 1.0.0.5001wich should contained AAC codec. I looked around but didn't find it. If someboby has it it would be very usefull.

Le 27/12/2022 à 12:13, southernsun a dit :

being a total python rooky here:😐

Could anyone explain how to run a python script? Do I need to copy wangiji code into wordpad and save as *.py and then save it on the synology? Than go into ssh and try to run it? Tutorials I find on running python scripts all are about task scheduling it. Is that needed?

I have the same question. Thnaks for your help.

On 12/21/2022 at 6:05 AM, djdaveyg said:

Thanks wangsiji and everyone for the input. I've applied the patch, no errors or problems. The issue I have is I cant update to the latest version.

If I click install I get a download or installation failed, check your internet connection?

Any Ideas?

image.png

did you find any solution to this? i have the same, but it looks like HEIC thumbnail is created/working.

On 12/30/2022 at 10:36 AM, gericb said:

Adding my voice to the queue on this topic..

Baremetal system using ARPL 0.9, running DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2, DS920+ w/REAL SN/MAC's, Intel i350-T2/AM2 Dual Port NIC, Dell OptiPlex 9020 w/i7-4790K

I don't know if it mattered the source, but I installed the AME from the Package Center, logged into my Synology account, and as you can see, it is the up to date AME package, and it appears to be activated correctly, so I assume with the but only HEVC, no AAC.  Additionally, I am not seeing/getting any notification of an codec beyond this 1.0.0-00001 version.

I have not run any activation scripts, as I assume I wouldn't need to with real SN/MAC....but maybe I missed something.  Possibly I need to execute some test sample to get it to upgrade.

@pippobimbo "You need real SN and MAC address AND « netif_num » argument in « grub.cfg » must match « macx » arguments." I assume, but I have not checked, that my grub.cfg is correctly configured as I can see in my Control Panel, Network, Network Interface, both NIC ports as being active.  

Also, there is this, when I issue this terminal command, I get this result.

root@TestNAS:~# cat /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf

cat: /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf: No such file or directory

Any thoughts / suggestion on things to try, or additional steps I can do to help...at this point, it's a test system, nothing critical on it. 🤓

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 7.27.14 PM.png

did you get a solution to this?
i tried in a different box and got the same. no option to update.
fake SN/mac.
tnx

On 1/6/2023 at 6:41 AM, sam juan said:

did you find any solution to this? i have the same, but it looks like HEIC thumbnail is created/working.

Can I ask you about the system and synocodectool-patch you use?

because my system can't created HEIC thumbnail

My system

Automated Redpill Loader 1.0-beta9 // DS923+ // DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2 // wirgen/synocodectool-patch // wangsiji patch script On Page 4 // fake SN/mac.

Thank you very much

Edited by lipz

On 12/31/2022 at 10:09 AM, nemesis122 said:

it is en easy thing you need :

Orignal MAC Adress from a synolgy NAS exactly the same Modell and the Serialnumber set both in the loader config and all is working.

BUT when you set not your phiscial MAC Adress from your Networkcard there is en issue with VirtualMaschineManager 

Not entirely sure what you are saying here...but as I posted earlier above, I am using a real SN/2 Mac for the exact model in question, a 920+.  Clearly my "loader config" is set right, as once the system comes up, I can see and have 2 active  ethernet ports, and correctly showing the real MAC's that was encoded into the "loader config".  The fact that I can get the AME to successfully install/active is a good thing, no given visual GUI errors, but also no prompt to to update the codec beyond what was display...this latter point is what is confusing that I am initially 

Additionally, back on 30-DEC, I had asked you how you produced this listing you shared, would you mind clarifying? 🤓

Thanks

On 1/14/2023 at 9:35 AM, lipz said:

Can I ask you about the system and synocodectool-patch you use?

because my system can't created HEIC thumbnail

My system

Automated Redpill Loader 1.0-beta9 // DS923+ // DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2 // wirgen/synocodectool-patch // wangsiji patch script On Page 4 // fake SN/mac.

Thank you very much

box1: arpl 1.0-beta2/ds3622xs+/dsm 7.1.1-42962 update3/wangsiji patch script On Page 4 // fake SN/mac/atom d525 - HEIC ok, but no face recognition
box2: arpl 1.0-beta2/ds3622xs+/dsm 7.1.1-42962 update2/wangsiji patch script On Page 4 // fake SN/mac/i3-2130 - HEIC and face recognition are both ok

i cannot update both to codec 1.0.0-50001 though from 1.0.0-00001, there is button to install but failed.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 3:05 PM, djdaveyg said:

Any Ideas?

image.png

were you able to fix this?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-10 um 20.46.29.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am on: Esxi VM DVA3221

with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2 

Thank you @wangsiji !!!! For the script that work!!!!!!!! Support him: 

Note: Using "Johanzorz" message script. (haven't try "wangsiji" original script or check for difference lol but it is working why try to fix when it work!!!)

image.png.587b3b8a6150b9c6203f9c1596fc98b6.png

--Edit to hide Serial#... was random not official...--

Edited by xpeno1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Patch worked till version 7.1.1

On version 7.2, I get

MD5 mismatch

So don't update to 7.2 Yet,

Also if your using DVA1622, be sure your serial number is rigth: 2260UBR######

Replace # with any number value, 

nJoy

Edited by AleAmadoC
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AleAmadoC said:

Patch worked till version 7.1.1

On version 7.2, I get

MD5 mismatch

So don't update to 7.2 Yet,

Also if your using DVA1622, be sure your serial number is rigth: 2260UBR######

Replace # with any number value, 

nJoy

Hello AleAmadoC,

Thanks for the replied and noted.

Thank you
~Jeffrey

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 1:47 AM, stanleyhalim said:

Hi all,

i’m quite new in this, can anyone help to make guide step by step, requirement, what to avoid, to make the patch working. Please.. help a lot for newbie like me 😊👍

Well this is how I do it, in Windows.

(Just the first time)

1.- Download the script and save it in a temp folder like (C:\Temp\ame.py), or create a file in C:\Temp\ame.py and paste the script contents in it.

2.- I use and app called hfs.exe (google it "hfs web server") which create a web server for fast purposes.

3.- Run hfs then right click on the home/hose icon, add file and select the script from c:\temp\ame.py that will create a web link.

On all the DSM I need to patch, remember all have to ve connected to the same network as your computer.

1.- Install AME

2.- Activate ssh access to your synology (Control Panel, Terminal & SNMP)

3.- Use any ssh tool to connect to it. If you in windows 10 or up, you can use powershell -> ssh adminuser@dsmip ex: ssh admin@192.168.1.30

4.- Grant root privileges running "sudo su" witouth quotes, it will ask you for your password again.

5.- Get the file with wget using the link provided in hfs. -> wget http://192.168.1.25:8081/ame.py (This is my ip yours may vary)

6.- Run the script -> python ame.py

And that's it,

I hope this helps,

Edited by AleAmadoC