XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DS3622xs+ loader

yanjun

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

synology sells a pcie card for nvme and since 7.0.1 even 3617 does support nvme (it also got kernel 4.4) and 3622 for sure supports nvme, just look into the *.pat file, we will see if and when someone will doing it

I’ll try this when I upgrade to 3622 tonight. I have a spare nvme and card

i am also unsure of what I might be doing wrong, making changes to the config after the initial build and rebuilding is causing problems, where It asks to install the DSM again, and then ultimately fails at 9 percent siting an unexpected error.. is there something that I need to be doing to make changes and rebuild?

7 часов назад, yanjun сказал:

@aportnov Do you mind sending me SN and MAC address privately, I won't reveal him, just try to find it's pattern.

I don't understand why you need it? I double-checked everything once again and observe that the dsp is loaded with a real physical mac and does not use the one that is registered in grub. I checked the recorded flash drive on two PCs and see different macs on each of them. How to fix it?

1 minute ago, aportnov said:

I don't understand why you need it? I double-checked everything once again and observe that the dsp is loaded with a real physical mac and does not use the one that is registered in grub. I checked the recorded flash drive on two PCs and see different macs on each of them. How to fix it?

I can try to simulate more seemingly true SN and Mac according to his rules.

image.thumb.png.3da567061d0cf287bc26f6cacfa54c9e.png

menuentry 'RedPill DS3622xs+ v7.0.1-42218 (USB, Verbose)' {
    savedefault
    set root=(hd0,msdos1)
    echo Loading Linux...
    linux /zImage HddHotplug=0 withefi console=ttyS0,115200n8 DiskIdxMap=0004 netif_num=1 syno_hdd_detect=0 syno_port_thaw=1 vender_format_version=2  earlyprintk mac1=001132FA6CD3 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 pid=0x1666 log_buf_len=32M syno_hw_version=DS3622xs+ vid=0x0951 earlycon=uart8250,io,0x3f8,115200n8 sn=**********HH elevator=elevator root=/dev/md0 loglevel=15 SataPortMap=46 
    echo Loading initramfs...
    initrd /rd.gz /custom.gz
    echo Starting kernel with USB boot

After migration, the serial number is correct, but the mac address is not taken from grub.cfg

7 hours ago, aportnov said:

image.thumb.png.3da567061d0cf287bc26f6cacfa54c9e.png

menuentry 'RedPill DS3622xs+ v7.0.1-42218 (USB, Verbose)' {
    savedefault
    set root=(hd0,msdos1)
    echo Loading Linux...
    linux /zImage HddHotplug=0 withefi console=ttyS0,115200n8 DiskIdxMap=0004 netif_num=1 syno_hdd_detect=0 syno_port_thaw=1 vender_format_version=2  earlyprintk mac1=001132FA6CD3 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 pid=0x1666 log_buf_len=32M syno_hw_version=DS3622xs+ vid=0x0951 earlycon=uart8250,io,0x3f8,115200n8 sn=**********HH elevator=elevator root=/dev/md0 loglevel=15 SataPortMap=46 
    echo Loading initramfs...
    initrd /rd.gz /custom.gz
    echo Starting kernel with USB boot

After migration, the serial number is correct, but the mac address is not taken from grub.cfg

do you maybe have more than one network interface?

13 minutes ago, cferra said:

mlx3/4 cards but maybe the required PCID is missing causing it not to pick up the card. 

check the pcie id's (vendor/device + sub id's) of your card with lcpci and check kernel module with modinfo (or open it raw and search for "vermagic", before that term you will seen information about the module, also pci id's are there)

2 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

check the pcie id's (vendor/device + sub id's) of your card with lcpci and check kernel module with modinfo (or open it raw and search for "vermagic", before that term you will seen information about the module, also pci id's are there)

Ok I’ll check when I get back home. 

1 minute ago, pocopico said:

Do you use the extension or the built in module ? If the network interface is not loaded during boot it will not be picked up by DSM.

Tc seems to pick it up but it might not be packing the driver properly. Similar things happened with my lsi card on 3617. 

8 часов назад, pocopico сказал:

do you maybe have more than one network interface?

Yes, there are two network cards, but I tried in each of them, even prescribed the parameters mac1 mac2. On the current ds918, I see two network interfaces, mac1 and mac2 are also registered, but in dsm only on one interface the mac address is the same as in grub. When I upgraded to 3622 on the test disks, I saw that the network interface shows 1. At the same time, if you build through tiny core, it adds drivers for everything that is in the PC and you can see there that the same driver for two cards.

8 hours ago, IG-88 said:

i see the following with lspci -v 

0000:04:00.0 Class 0200: Device 15b3:1003
        Subsystem: Device 15b3:0055
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 39
        Memory at fb200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Memory at f9800000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=8M]
        Expansion ROM at fb100000 [disabled] [size=1M]
        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [48] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [9c] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=128 Masked-
        Capabilities: [60] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [c0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=18 <?>
        Capabilities: [100] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)
        Capabilities: [148] Device Serial Number f4-52-14-03-00-3c-e9-c0
        Capabilities: [154] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [18c] Secondary PCI Express
        Kernel driver in use: mlx4_core

seemingly it is using the driver, but still no network interface is enabled for it in the gui