Cant install on Fujitsu D3543-S31 GS1


Recommended Posts

Hi everybody, 

maybe I can get some help here...

 

I've bought a new mainboard (https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/fujitsu-d3543-s3-intel-pentium-silver-j5005-mini-itx-fujitsu-d3543-s3-p251627.html?r=1) because my old one is damaged.

 

Details
Intel® Pentium® Silver Processor J5005 (QC @1.5GHz / 2.8GHz), integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 605 (18EUs @800MHz) 10W TDP

No legacy OS support, no MBR installation (UEFI only due to Intel restrictions)

1 x Intel i210 with 10/100/1000MBit/s

1 x Realtek RTL8111G with 10/100/1000 MBit/s

 

I want to install DSM6.2 with juns loader 1.04b

My problem is: i cant get it to work :-(

I've used about five or six different types of usb-stick - no success.

Yes!, I have edited the grub.cfg. I have changed the vid/pid everytime i use an new stick...

 

 

When I take a look at my UniFi-Controller, I can see, that the "Diskstation" is noticed in Network and got an IP:
image.png.95b8611edaf15da2420237e70d44bbdc.png

 

I can successful ping the Diskstation:

image.png.02392c6a83b12fa9d085e926c514bc4e.png

 

Synology-Assistant doesn't find my Diskstation and if I want to access the Web GUI/Webinterface:

image.png.91cc8f310ba7d71efac1221e4890b924.png

 

I think it's a bios settings failure at my side but i don't know where.

 

I've already turned off iGPU and tryed every extra.lzma i could find in the forum - no success.

Maybe the board is incompatible?

 

 

Thanks for helping me :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm not familiar with the Uni-Fi world, so at first I was stumbled by the IP range, before I recognized it as one of the "other" private ranges;-)

 

But I notice it says Managmenet LAN, is your other computers part of the same Management LAN?

Could it be some firewall rules blocking your traffic, even if it get's a pingable IP from the DHCP server?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bearcat said:

Hi, I'm not familiar with the Uni-Fi world, so at first I was stumbled by the IP range, before I recognized it as one of the "other" private ranges;-)

 

But I notice it says Managmenet LAN, is your other computers part of the same Management LAN?

Could it be some firewall rules blocking your traffic, even if it get's a pingable IP from the DHCP server?

Hi bearcat,

 

everything is fine with network. My PC is even part of the same network (M-LAN). 

And with every other board the communication works  :-)

 

it would be so sad if the board is incompatible - it's such a nice board!

 

 

PS: if you aren't familar with the Unifi-World: take a look at it, it's great!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I see ...  might look into it one of these days :-)

I'm used to have a separate management VLAN or IP range, for safety reasons.

 

While you have thae allmost working setup (with pingable IP)

 

Just for a test, you could try to connect the NAS directly to your computer (where any firewall should be turned off), and see if the Assistent can find the NAS that way.

Give your PC a static IP, ie. 169.254.0.25/255.255.255.0, then reboot the NAS.

 

""If the Synology Server does not get an IP address from a DHCP Server (i.e. if you connect your computer directly to the Synology Server),

the Synology Server will use a 169.254.x.x IP address. You might need to change your computer's network settings to be able to see the Synology Server.""

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bearcat said:

Just for a test, you could try to connect the NAS directly to your computer (where any firewall should be turned off), and see if the Assistent can find the NAS that way.

Give your PC a static IP, ie. 169.254.0.25/255.255.255.0, then reboot the NAS.

 

""If the Synology Server does not get an IP address from a DHCP Server (i.e. if you connect your computer directly to the Synology Server),

the Synology Server will use a 169.254.x.x IP address. You might need to change your computer's network settings to be able to see the Synology Server.""

 

 

Good idea. I will try it on monday - all my hardware is at the office.

 

I will report to you.

Have a nice weekend!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, vanst said:

Hi,

Have you try with only 1 network card?

What is the result when you try to telet to the DSM portal on port 80 / 443?

 

Hi,

 

yes I have already tried.
Just in this moment i have tried to connect via APIPA but it doesnt work too...

I only use the intel nic

Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe try to take out some network stuff

just connect the board and a windows pc with a rj45 cable and run a dhcp server on the windows machine (https://www.dhcpserver.de)

also its possible to connect a nullmodem cable to the board and using the serial console to see whats happening

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, thank you for your replies!

 

I just have tried the tips you gave me.

Nothing is different than before - all the same.

The board is getting an IP-address, I can ping but I cant access the webinterface and the syn-assistant didn't find anything.

 

image.png.2195f5361987037c041784770806a447.png

 

image.png.89851ff3549136f5f900331c95786c84.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is the output of serial connection:

 

Screen will stop updating shortly, please open http://find.synology.com to
continue.
[    0.035624] Spectre V2 : kernel not compiled with retpoline; no mitigation available!
[    3.449066] md: invalid raid superblock magic on sdb3
[    4.679237] sd 2:0:0:0: [synoboot] No Caching mode page found
[    4.685351] sd 2:0:0:0: [synoboot] Assuming drive cache: write through

if I take out the ssd: 

Screen will stop updating shortly, please open http://find.synology.com to
continue.
mount failed

I have cleaned the ssd.

Now I get the "kernel"-message again.

Screen will stop updating shortly, please open http://find.synology.com to
continue.
[    0.035639] Spectre V2 : kernel not compiled with retpoline; no mitigation available!
[    4.798463] sd 2:0:0:0: [synoboot] No Caching mode page found
[    4.804555] sd 2:0:0:0: [synoboot] Assuming drive cache: write through

 

Edited by hollywoot
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, hollywoot said:

Now I get the "kernel"-message again.


Screen will stop updating shortly, please open http://find.synology.com to
continue.
[    0.035639] Spectre V2 : kernel not compiled with retpoline; no mitigation available!
[    4.798463] sd 2:0:0:0: [synoboot] No Caching mode page found
[    4.804555] sd 2:0:0:0: [synoboot] Assuming drive cache: write through

 

 

there is usually more on the serial console, can you post all of it?

 

you might want to use loader 1.04b with new extra/extra2 and DSM 6.2.3

that would be the new extra/extra2

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

 

the kernel files (same place as extra/extra2, zImage and rd.gz)  should be the old ones from jun that come with the loader or thew 6.2.3 files that can be extracted with 7zip from the 6.2.3 aka v25436 *.pat file)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 7:19 AM, hollywoot said:

hm ... nobody an idea? :(

I've tried every USB-Port. 

 

On 6/7/2020 at 3:02 AM, IG-88 said:

 

there is usually more on the serial console, can you post all of it?

 

you might want to use loader 1.04b with new extra/extra2 and DSM 6.2.3

that would be the new extra/extra2

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

 

the kernel files (same place as extra/extra2, zImage and rd.gz)  should be the old ones from jun that come with the loader or thew 6.2.3 files that can be extracted with 7zip from the 6.2.3 aka v25436 *.pat file)

 

Thanks! I will try it. 

 

:)

 

 

 

Edit:

Well ... the test wasn't successfull.
 

Downloaded the 1.04b loader, downloaded the extra-file from your post above.

Edited the SN, MACs; copied the extra-files, tried to boot:

Screen will stop updating shortly, please open http://find.synology.com to
continue.
error: no suitable video mode found.
error: no suitable video mode found.
Booting in blind modeBooting in blind mode

[    0.035556] Spectre V2 : kernel not compiled with retpoline; no mitigation available!
[    9.088766] sd 2:0:0:0: [synoboot] No Caching mode page found
[    9.094859] sd 2:0:0:0: [synoboot] Assuming drive cache: write through

That's all I see on serial console.

Tried different USB-Ports.

Edited by hollywoot
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hollywoot said:

error: no suitable video mode found. error: no suitable video mode found. Booting in blind modeBooting in blind mode

maybe try to connect something to the hdmi port?

i remember some people had problems on some boards when hdmi was unused

or if there s something connected try to unhook it while booting

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.