Cr4z33

mini-ITX / micro-ITX motheboard 100% compatible with Synology sleep-mode?

So far I've tried three different motherboards and although sleeping mode (aka stand-by) worked perfectly with other OS like Ubuntu, Windows 10, etc. there was no way to have it working with Synology DSM 6.x.x.

Can someone please report here a mini-ITX / micro-ITX compatible motherboard? :cry:

I suppose you are referring to the hibernation feature of DSM.

If you have packages running in the background such Surveillance Station or other packages that require constant access to your HDDs then your box will never hibernate. If you have the Master Browser enabled, your box will never hibernate. If you have services running and doing some specific operations, your box will never hibernate. In fact the hibernation feature will only work if the box is merely a file storage. More reasons on why DSM doesn't hibernate here:

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/system_hardware_hibernation

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

I suppose you are referring to the hibernation feature of DSM.

If you have packages running in the background such Surveillance Station or other packages that require constant access to your HDDs then your box will never hibernate. If you have the Master Browser enabled, your box will never hibernate. If you have services running and doing some specific operations, your box will never hibernate. In fact the hibernation feature will only work if the box is merely a file storage. More reasons on why DSM doesn't hibernate here:

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/system_hardware_hibernation

I am aware of that, but even with default OS installation and no extra packages enabled my custom built NAS does never hibernate while my previous Synology DS414 was (and the only difference was with the hardware parts and CPU).

That's why I think it's just a matter of hardware compatibility?