XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader Build Support Tool ( M-Shell )

Peter Suh

9 minutes ago, Tibag said:

Well, because I am back to my previous loader it's the old one (Version : 0.10.0.0) not using your own build. So Friend doesn't load automatically, I think? 

Do I need to do a postupdate maybe? Or use the Friend entry from my Grub? 

Thanks for keeping up the help!

pocopico's friend is an old version. The ramdisk patch, which means automatic postupdate, may not be desired. Try changing to mshell.

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

pocopico's friend is an old version. The ramdisk patch, which means automatic postupdate, may not be desired. Try changing to mshell.

To switch to mshell you mean switching back to your fork? Build a new loader? I don't think it allows me to pick 64570. 

On 1/12/2024 at 9:38 AM, Peter Suh said:

Without proper mapping, the disk may disappear and become invisible, especially on Non Device-Tree based models such as DS3622xs+.
However, since you can see all disks, I think your settings are fine.

I have a disk that show itself on every boot, but few minutes later it disappear, so I cannot do a thing with it. Is there a way to solve this problem on a 3622xs+ bare metal?

3 hours ago, Tibag said:

To switch to mshell you mean switching back to your fork? Build a new loader? I don't think it allows me to pick 64570. 

If so, proceed as you see fit. All you need to do is run the ramdisk patch (postupdate) no matter what loader you use.

1 hour ago, Trabalhador Anonimo said:

I have a disk that show itself on every boot, but few minutes later it disappear, so I cannot do a thing with it. Is there a way to solve this problem on a 3622xs+ bare metal?

Do not use sataportmap/diskidxmap without accurate information. You can also refer to the instructions that result from ./rploader.sh satamap .

If so, proceed as you see fit. All you need to do is run the ramdisk patch (postupdate) no matter what loader you use.

Right, I rebuilt a new image with yours and it recovered successfully! 

Well, not fully. It says one of my disk didn't load on my first volume. I suspect it's the one I tried to mount manually... anyhow before I can drill into it Storage Manager doesn't load. It hows in the top bar as "loading". In my package manager I can see "SAN Manager" needing a repair but it's looping whenever I hit repair. Is this a known issue? 

7 hours ago, Trabalhador Anonimo said:

Hi, I got SAN manager corrupted too. See it at this post.

Have you rebuilt and used the TCRP-mshell loader between December 28 and January 2 ?

2024-01-144_21_02.thumb.png.f30dd354450790e7e7003a3b1eac02f3.png

There was an issue with SAN MANAGER being corrupted only if the loader was built during these 5 days.
However, my Mac-Spoof addon may not necessarily be the cause.

Recently, I experienced SAN Manager being damaged for several reasons.
For example, if the SHR raid is compromised, the SAN MANAGER is also compromised.

I think Synology should take some action.
The SAN MANAGER seems to be damaged too easily.

Have you rebuilt and used the TCRP-mshell loader between December 28 and January 2 ?

2024-01-144_21_02.thumb.png.f30dd354450790e7e7003a3b1eac02f3.png

There was an issue with SAN MANAGER being corrupted only if the loader was built during these 5 days.
However, my Mac-Spoof addon may not necessarily be the cause.

Recently, I experienced SAN Manager being damaged for several reasons.
For example, if the SHR raid is compromised, the SAN MANAGER is also compromised.

I think Synology should take some action.
The SAN MANAGER seems to be damaged too easily.

Well, mine was installed this week so well after it and SAN Manager is un-repairable. 

Does it make Storage Manager unable to start too? 

image.png.f728caec38fc69173ebdee43d0de8712.png

5 minutes ago, Tibag said:

Well, mine was installed this week so well after it and SAN Manager is un-repairable. 

Does it make Storage Manager unable to start too? 

image.png.f728caec38fc69173ebdee43d0de8712.png

That doesn't seem to be the case. It can be operated separately.

I'm not sure why Storage Manager fails to start.

Is there any problem with the free space in the /root path?

2 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Most like yes, but yesterday I rebuild from zero and get corrupted again. Shell I re-download m-shell VMDK?

Changing the subject: I try to connect via port 7681, but did not work. I get disconnected immediately. I could only connect via terminal after enable it on control panel.

Edited by Trabalhador Anonimo

1 hour ago, Trabalhador Anonimo said:

Most like yes, but yesterday I rebuild from zero and get corrupted again. Shell I re-download m-shell VMDK?

Changing the subject: I try to connect via port 7681, but did not work. I get disconnected immediately. I could only connect via terminal after enable it on control panel.

It seems like you don't remember exactly what happened at the time? I think the same goes for me.
Does rebuilding from zero mean formatting the volume disk and starting from scratch?
SAN MANAGER corruption cannot be repaired by rebuilding only the loader.

Sorry, but there is no solution right now.

It seems to be a problem even for genuine users that SAN MANAGER will suffer loss even if SHR's RAID is destroyed.
I hope that one of the genuine users will come forward and get help from Synology.

DSM no longer uses port 7681 during normal booting.
This is the same for RR.

2 hours ago, Tibag said:

Only 241M free, is it a problem? 

image.png

There is too little space.
First, to update DSM, a Pat file larger than 300Mbytes is written to /root, which may cause a file corruption error.
The file download stops in the middle.
Search for ways to secure space in Synology /dev/md0 on the Internet and apply them.

@Peter Suh Concerning DSM original update function. If I want to update my older DSM version through DSM original functionality I always first need to rebuild existing loader (TCRP-mshell) (in case of major version changed 7.0-7.1.1-7.2.1) by downloading a new version of TCRP-mshell, burning it to flash drive, compiling new bootable loader for my hardware and ... installing a new DSM after it. But what will happen to my existing storage? Will my storage be identified with a newly installed DSM version?

Thanks Peter for this great release!

I tried other TCRP releases but yours is the most feature rich release!, I like it!

But there is a small problem which is DSM does not save desktop layout status despite that the option

is checked, I tried different models with the  same problem, I use it in an ESXi VM.

May be there is a loader option I have to turn on?!

2024-01-14-16-13-46-192-168-2-221-61075a

1 hour ago, mdvsnake said:

@Peter Suh Concerning DSM original update function. If I want to update my older DSM version through DSM original functionality I always first need to rebuild existing loader (TCRP-mshell) (in case of major version changed 7.0-7.1.1-7.2.1) by downloading a new version of TCRP-mshell, burning it to flash drive, compiling new bootable loader for my hardware and ... installing a new DSM after it. But what will happen to my existing storage? Will my storage be identified with a newly installed DSM version?

Volume disk is divided into system partition and data partition area.

DSM is installed on the system partition, and the same DSM is installed on all disks and are synchronized with each other.

This is a measure to protect system partitions in case of disk damage.

The data partition area is completely unaffected by the DSM management part of these system partitions.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Marawan said:

Thanks Peter for this great release!

I tried other TCRP releases but yours is the most feature rich release!, I like it!

But there is a small problem which is DSM does not save desktop layout status despite that the option

is checked, I tried different models with the  same problem, I use it in an ESXi VM.

May be there is a loader option I have to turn on?!

2024-01-14-16-13-46-192-168-2-221-61075a

Does desktop layout refer to the number of disks in the storage panel?
I'm not sure what you mean.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Suh said:

Does desktop layout refer to the number of disks in the storage panel?
I'm not sure what you mean.

No, I mean the desktop windows layout and position.

If you click on the user icon on top right then click "Personal"  then the personal settings window appears, Click "Others" then

a window like screenshot above appears, First option if checked will save your desktop windows layout and position and restore

them every time you log in. If not checked, the desktop windows layout and position will not be saved/restored.

In your loader the desktop windows layout and position will not be saved whether the option is checked or not!.

How to fix this?

TIA!

6 minutes ago, Marawan said:

No, I mean the desktop windows layout and position.

If you click on the user icon on top right then click "Personal"  then the personal settings window appears, Click "Others" then

a window like screenshot above appears, First option if checked will save your desktop windows layout and position and restore

them every time you log in. If not checked, the desktop windows layout and position will not be saved/restored.

In your loader the desktop windows layout and position will not be saved whether the option is checked or not!.

How to fix this?

TIA!

You seem to be asking about the general settings of Synology DSM.
Sorry, but I don't have that much know-how about Synology DSM.
I recommend using the KB on the Synology website, the general question section, or internet search.

In this topic I focus on finding solutions to immediate problems using MSHELL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

You seem to be asking about the general settings of Synology DSM.
Sorry, but I don't have that much know-how about Synology DSM.
I recommend using the KB on the Synology website, the general question section, or internet search.

In this topic I focus on finding solutions to immediate problems using MSHELL.

The option I'm asking about is working just fine with other loaders I used but not with your loader.

So it is logical to say that there is an issue with your loader which prevents this option from functioning properly.

Anyone using your loader can verify this.

Edited by Marawan
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Marawan said:

The option I'm asking about is working just fine with other loaders I used but not with your loader.

So it is logical to say that there is an issue with your loader which prevents this option from functioning properly.

Anyone using your loader can verify this.

This was feedback about mshell. I honestly have no idea what the setting you mentioned is relevant to and what part of my work I've worked on so far has been affected, as it's such a broad issue. First of all, thank you for your feedback and I will review the problem to see if it can be improved.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

There is too little space.
First, to update DSM, a Pat file larger than 300Mbytes is written to /root, which may cause a file corruption error.
The file download stops in the middle.
Search for ways to secure space in Synology /dev/md0 on the Internet and apply them.

Yep started to clear stuff out. In your experience, can `/upd@te/` be removed? Tt looks like an old update folder. 

4 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

It seems like you don't remember exactly what happened at the time? I think the same goes for me.
Does rebuilding from zero mean formatting the volume disk and starting from scratch?
SAN MANAGER corruption cannot be repaired by rebuilding only the loader.

Sorry, but there is no solution right now.

It seems to be a problem even for genuine users that SAN MANAGER will suffer loss even if SHR's RAID is destroyed.
I hope that one of the genuine users will come forward and get help from Synology.

DSM no longer uses port 7681 during normal booting.
This is the same for RR.

From zero means from scratch, I had to reinstall DSM using "J" option on boot.

Few hours ago using every disks as VMDK, not RAW, it happened again, SAN had gone. I`m trying with old version o0f DSM. Lets see if works.
My main BOX is working fine.

I also have a origina 414J with 7.1 installed (not possible to upgrade to 7.2). SAN is running like a charmed.

Edited by Trabalhador Anonimo
  • Like 1