XPEnology Community

Windows 10 + VirtualBox + DSM 7.2

Trabalhador Anonimo

I get my test setup: M5A78L-M, Phenom II X4 840, 16Gb of ran, 4x 500GB and 1x TB and a 480Gb SSD for windows 10 pro.

After Windows install and full upgrade, I installed VirtualBox. I decided to use raw disks so VM can direct access the disks, not a VHD. I used M-SHELL on a VMDK image  to install 3622xs+ and make it run perfectly until I had to reboot for an installation.

I use ISCSI to connect to the LUN on Volume 1 (raid 5 with all disks)

I went to DSM GUI and asked to shutdown and after that I reboot the windows host. I got the host back and after that i turn the VM on. It took about 4 minutes to get me the web DSM GUI on browser and when I login I got a message that "SAN Manager is corrupted".  As ISCSI was not running, I could not access the volume. I try to repair as was suggested by DSM, but it did not work. I even try to remove the volume, but storage manager did not let me do it.

As it is a test only, e restart from zero. I got every thing working for about a day and from nowhere, SAN Manager got corrupted again. I reboot the VM, and press J t teinstall DSM It work like a charmed, for another day and ZAP: SAN Manager corrupted again.

Next test, create the VM with VHD (VMDK format). Lets see what happen.

Edited by Trabalhador Anonimo

Every king of installation on Virtualbox of 7.2 got SAN Manager corrupted. I got back to 7.1 using Pocopico Loader.

I got a lot of problems because my system is not that powerfull, so I had to do step by step.

I installed 7.1.1-42962 Up 1. on just one disk, but I had to use "./rploader.sh satamap now" with only one HDD and 2 sata controlers to the box to be able to right map sata ports. The loader had to be alone in one sata controller. HDD attache to this controller was not detected.

after everything is stable I set the third sata controller and split all HDD to controllers 2 and 3.

I`m using 5 disks plus loader.

Ass soon the raid 5 is established I`ll do upgrades up to 6.

I manage to go up to update 6 on 7.1. and I did not get any corruption of SAN Manager using TCRP by Pocopico. I could not install 7.2 using it, so I went back to M-Shell and install 7.1. lets see, but it fail. With M-SHELL my NIC get lock and no connection is allow. I try 7.2.0 and also got lockout.

I went to arc-24.1.14f.vmdk-flat and so far, with DSM7.2 I do not get SAN Manager any error.
I went to all process of ARC, but before reboot, I had to change MAC address because it seams that this loader is not capable of get real MAC (at least I dfo not know how to do it), so I had to type on config.json.

1.PNG

2.PNG