- Outcome of the update: SUCCESSFUL
- DSM version prior update: DSM 6.2.23739
- DSM version after update: DSM 6.2.2-24922-update 3
- Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER v1.03b
- Using custom extra.lzma: NO
- Installation type: VM Proxmox 6.0.7 running on Asus P6T Deluxe / 24 Go Ram / CPU Intel core I7 990X
- Additional comment: Achieving to GUI select e1000e network card led to success after many kernel panic !
I have spent almost 2 weeks to try to get Synology last update to work with proxmox 6.0.7. Hours and hours trying thousands of different options ! Until I found this post (to be honest, I tried it a week ago, without success, maybe I did it wrong!!??) Then it finally happened ... Xpenology using 6.2.2-24922 (last update as of 09/11 !!!). I would never thank enough @blessendor for the hack he published in order to use Intel e1000e network card within Proxmox. I first tried everything with the '-arg:' command line in vmid.conf to define e1000e as default network card, including great @hellbondz 's trick, but it never really worked out for me. Hacking the QemuServer.pm/pvemanagerlib.js files allowed me to select e1000e in the Proxmox GUI and then my virtual DS3617xs finally accepted last update without crashing ! I could not believe it !
... Now I have to succeed in passing through my 2 sata controller cards and my 8 hdd disks - which is another story!
Thanks again @blessendor for your sharing, you saved my last few weeks, and also for all the people using or developing Xpenology, and specially for @jun the master !