XPEnology Community

Flash transplant

wool

Hi,

I have a DS1512+ with bad usb dom too. I have taken it out and tried to connect it via serial usb to ttl, plugged in to my windows PC + mac, my computers cannot detect the dom at all. It's dead. :(

I need help, how does one who are in my situation, fix this syno boot issue without the image. Any image for ds1512+ available? (I know it may not be legal but it's only to fix my dead edom) :(

• 4 months later...
On 11/2/2023 at 9:07 PM, OopsDidYouReadThis said:

Hi,

I have a DS1512+ with bad usb dom too. I have taken it out and tried to connect it via serial usb to ttl, plugged in to my windows PC + mac, my computers cannot detect the dom at all. It's dead. :(

I need help, how does one who are in my situation, fix this syno boot issue without the image. Any image for ds1512+ available? (I know it may not be legal but it's only to fix my dead edom) :(

Sorry a little bit late, but I had the same issue that the dom is not recognized because it hat an error and is running under usb 1.1 and the bios is not making it, so i but everything to a usb stick with hacking pid and vid and now its working again over usb.

I uploaded the image, but it has a fake SN (CBKAN99999), so you need to go on the second partition and edit the vendor file with a hex editor. put in your serial, the last diggit is the checksum of the serial.

can be calculated here: https://www.scadacore.com/tools/programming-calculators/online-checksum-calculator/

but in the serial in ASCII input and take the "CheckSum8 Modulo 256" in hex after the SN in vendor file

Image is here: https://filer.net/get/fgr73l4drvtvkxcj

It is from a original DS1512+ only changed vendor SN

Hope that will help someone out.

Hi folks ! 

I encountered a faulty usbDOM

I tried to unsolder/resolder a new controller, i dit it almost perfectly, (but on pin that was ripped off...)

So i found an old USB dongle, I managed to flash VID PID, and it IS recognised.

The last step : getting an image of a DS1813+ ...

Anyone would have it ? :) 

Have a nice day !

hi all,

i have a problem with DS412+ as well. I was looking for adata c802 for a long time and finally i've found one on marketplace. But sadly pendrive was on different chipset than UT165.. bad luck... so i went again through all my old pendrives and i started looking for manufacturer's software for chipsets i've found in those pendrives.  and i found one..

i've found a pendrive with controller: CBM2091, and I was able to change VID and PID with umptool209X V1.9.32_1107

tomorrow i'll transplant data from DOM to this pendrive - i hope that nas will start. but this is just a workaround. UT165 is ordered already-  i'll replace it on DOM later on.

cbm2091.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 3:16 AM, 7up_ said:

While it is definitely a lot easier to use the external USB drive, for anyone with a corrupt Synology USB DOM or if you wish to keep things internal, any generic small 9pin USB DOM will work as replacement although it does require changing out the socket if you wish for it to mount properly and of course you do need to modify VID/PID.

image.thumb.png.5add6709a830f3029ba1089358fe049f.png

Hello 7up_

I've obtained a USB DOM that appears to be identical to your photo, but I'm struggling to find a suitable utility to rewrite the VID/PID to 0400.

Have been unsuccessfully trawling around usbdev.ru for a few hours now and hoping you can point me in a suitable direction?

Chipgenius identifies the DOM as

Description: [H:]USB Mass Storage Device(UNIGEN PHB2000IS1-ATB)
Device Type:  Mass Storage Device

Protocal Version: USB 2.10 <- Hint: This device can run faster when plugged to a USB3.0 port
Current Speed: High Speed
Max Current: 300mA

USB Device ID: VID = 1C79 PID = 3100
Serial Number: 40009A2DA0564870

Device Vendor: UNIGEN
Device Name: PHB2000IS1-ATB
Device Revision: 0100

Manufacturer: UNIGEN
Product Model: PHB2000IS1-ATB
Product Revision: PMAP

Controller Vendor: Phison
Controller Part-Number: PS2251-03(PS2303) - F/W 05.01.24 [2016-02-02]
Flash ID code:      98D390267615 - Toshiba TC58NVG3S0ETA00 [SLC-4K]

Tools on web: http://dl.mydigit.net/special/up/phison.html

Possible Flash Part-Number
----------------------------
[1CE]TC58NVG3S0ETA00
[1CE]TC58NVG3S0FTA00

Flash ID mapping table
----------------------------
[Channel 0]    [Channel 1]

On 25.5.2023 at 20:34, joad said:

Hallo, ist es möglich, ein Original-DS3615xs-Image zu klonen und auf DS1511+ auszuführen? (Und in der Lage sein, DMS 7 auszuführen)

No, the CPU architecture must be at least identical.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Xeondile said:

@Aetherone for the Chip you get the MPALL software from here: https://www.usbdev.ru/files/phison/mpall/

For me it was version 5.13.0C, so I get my one to run. Basic Settings with this small settings, see attachment

Thanks.
Had already been over usbdev.ru and pulled down pretty much every version they had. Most didn't recognise my device and the few that did couldn't cope with the Toshiba SLC NAND on it. After a bit of digging I spooled up a Windows XP machine which did a bit better but still failed to flash.

HA!
After a whole lot of fiddling I got the right combination of files to flash my Phison drives to F400.  Turns out the various packages on usbdev.ru are incomplete - I needed "Phison_MPALL_v5.13.0C.rar" for an operational flashtool AND "firmware_ps2251-03.rar" for the correct firmware files to flash my units.

Thanks to @Xeondile for the correct settings once this lot was cobbled together.

BEFORE
ChipGenius_OUTPUT_BEFORE.thumb.PNG.3456053e0df73da65bf7a19528f1b5ab.PNG

AFTER

ChipGenius_OUTPUT_AFTER.thumb.PNG.7b63fb2f6bc346bebbfa5db06d76fec6.PNG

Some caution would be advised - a small number of online virus checkers flag these as potentially hostile but none of them can agree on exactly what the malware is so I'm not convinced it's a false positive given what these programs are designed to do. Still, be careful & use them offline, preferably from a disposable temporary Windows install.