XPEnology Community

freezes at the Booting stage....

Hello. I'll start right away in order. I put it here on this guide https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl 
Specifications of my PC ( i5-12400, 16GB, Asus Prime B660M-A D4, 3xSkyhawk 4TB 1xSSD M.2 NVMe 250Gb Kingston NV1 SNVS/250G)
Then when I put it using the Arpl method, the bootloader is installed on my USB flash drive, everything is fine. But at the Booting stage.... the computer is not responding. There is no access by IP. But at the boot stage, the IP is obtained via DHCP and it is visible for 3 seconds while there is still no Booting stage....
I tried this guide  but all to no avail. On this guide at the stage ./rploader.sh satamap writes me 1 2 3 4 bad ports.https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62221-tutorial-installmigrate-to-dsm-7x-with-tinycore-redpill-tcrp-loader/ , but all to no avail. On this guide at the stage ./rploader.sh satamap writes me 1 2 3 4 bad ports. 

Found "00:17.0 Intel Corporation Device 7ae2 (rev 11)"
Detected 8 ports/3 drives. Bad ports: 1 2 3 4. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <8>

Computed settings:
SataPortMap=8
DiskIdxMap=00

WARNING: Bad ports are mapped. The DSM installation will fail!

And I do not know what else to do in this situation because in the Arpl method it freezes there at the loading stage. Here I can't make a flash drive because at the sata stage I have an error, if I make a build, it freezes at the flash drive build stage. Please help me, what can I do?

Unfortunately, rebooting does not help. I have already rebooted 8 times, everything is not working yet. At this stage, it hangs and that's it. There is no response to the address 192.168.1.55, I pinged and there is no response from the server. Are there any other options?

IMG_0094.jpg

You should check the settings in your BIOS and make sure you have HOTPLUG enabled for the 4TB drives and disable NVMe ports if possible.

Remove the SSD and NVMe temporarily. I find it strange that you have 5 drives connected on only one shows up.

Maybe the NVMe is sharing a lane with a SATA port

Edited by rojoone2

In the bios, everything that could be connected somehow with Nvme was disabled. I left 1 sata in the motherboard itself. And the result freezes the same and that's it. And in the program itself, doshihpor shows 4 occupied slots. I specially photographed the motherboard itself, where it can be seen that there is nothing except 1 sata already.

1.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

This is the content of the Intel i219-V extended driver issue answered by pocopico in the past.

I think e1000e should be modified,
igb is mentioned.

https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/issues/27

So, I want to check the VID / PID driver mapping part of i219-V once more.

Currently, a loader using DS3622xs+ and i219-V was built with ARPL on a server forum in Korea,

but at first the NIC works, but there is a phenomenon that the IP disappears when rebooting.

The DS3622xs+ made a long time ago with the e1000e expansion driver included.
The TCRP image confirms that the i219-V is operating normally.

By recording a TCRP img file
Can you provide the output of the command below on Tinycore Linux?

lspci -nn

1a1d Ethernet Connection (17) I219-V
is not yet registered as a PID automatically recognized by TCRP or ARPL.

Since an update about 19 hours ago, M Shell started supporting your nic.
https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/blob/main/all-modules/auxfiles/modules.alias.4.json

You must build the loader with M SHELL .

Other loaders are not supported.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/releases/tag/v0.9.3.0-1

Also, HBAs do not use SataPortMap.
Even if you build with M Shell, you do not need to worry about SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap, keep the default setting of empty.

I tried both through the assistant and tried through the IP. The computer just freezes. The link on the network card goes out, and there is no ping, no access to the PC itself. As soon as he gets the IP, ping jumps for a fraction of a second and after the last line he stops pinging and responding. My PC just freezes at the last stage. I specifically tried on my old configuration of the Asus VI Hero i7-4770K and everything looks great and does not hang. At the end of this inscription, a strip always flashes. On another configuration, there is no flashing strip. But the PC just freezes and that's the end of it.

Yesterday, two users had the same phenomenon that the Intel i219 nic did not receive an IP response.

After adding the PID required for detecting the PID of the i219 to TCRP, this problem was resolved.

The following 10 PIDs were added in the final patch.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/tree/main/all-modules/auxfiles

15f4 Ethernet Connection (15) I219-LM
     15f5 Ethernet Connection (15) I219-V
     15f9 Ethernet Connection (14) I219-LM
     15fa Ethernet Connection (14) I219-V
     15fb Ethernet Connection (13) I219-LM
     15fc Ethernet Connection (13) I219-V
     1a1c Ethernet Connection (17) I219-LM
     1a1e Ethernet Connection (16) I219-LM
     1a1f Ethernet Connection (16) I219-V

The user of ASUS PRIME B560M-A has the following PID confirmed.
15fa Ethernet Connection (14) I219-V

Users of Asrock B660M ITX/AC (i219) do not tell PID
but nic operated normally after detecting PID.

Your MOBO and PID are below.
Asus Prime B660M-A D4

It seems to belong to the most recent revision of i219.
I doubt that the e1000e.ko driver is not working stably on Linux yet.

The NIC is not responding, so there is no way to see through the JUNIOR logs.
There is a way through the serial COM port, but it is usually difficult to prepare.

I propose a way to use the e1000e driver by preparing it in advance in the TCRP loader build phase without detecting it in JUNIOR (DSM installation phase).

M SHELL's loader build menu, other than TCRP FRIEND mode
One more JOT mode build is ready.

Could you try one more time with the JOT mode build?
I will make arrangements for the e1000e to be force-injected.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/commit/95facd918038eef4c5fe1f471f909f61a1409686

• Like 2

Hello. I think i have the exact same problem as narvell3. I have tried the latest ARPL version and now tinycore-redpill.v0.9.3.0-1.m-shell.img. But i keep getting the same issue. 

Everything installs ok but as soon as DSM boots/loads my USB keyboard and Ethernet card dies.

I have used this pc with juns loader and dsm 6.x. for 3 years with no problem but wanted to upgrade to a newer version now.

The NIC on the Asus MB died recently so i bought a new nic and it works perfectly in my old DSM version.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Specs: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO, AMD Ryzen 7 1700, NIC: TP-Link TG-3468 (Realtek RTL8168B-chipset)

20221213_205040.jpg

7 hours ago, Plesjoor said:

Hello. I think i have the exact same problem as narvell3. I have tried the latest ARPL version and now tinycore-redpill.v0.9.3.0-1.m-shell.img. But i keep getting the same issue. 

Everything installs ok but as soon as DSM boots/loads my USB keyboard and Ethernet card dies.

I have used this pc with juns loader and dsm 6.x. for 3 years with no problem but wanted to upgrade to a newer version now.

The NIC on the Asus MB died recently so i bought a new nic and it works perfectly in my old DSM version.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Specs: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO, AMD Ryzen 7 1700, NIC: TP-Link TG-3468 (Realtek RTL8168B-chipset)

20221213_205040.jpg

When TCRP FREIND was first released, I tested it with my RYZEN system in a test with pocopico, and there were parts that showed instability.

So, the method I suggest is to use the JOT MODE loader build right under the TCRP FRIEND MODE loader build menu, as narvell3 used above.

And, ryzen 7 1700 is a 16-thread CPU, and DS918+, DS920+, and DVA3221, which only support up to 8 cores, do not work when HT is turned on.