XPEnology Community

XPenology installation not working on my LAN

Vereato

Hi there i try to install the DSM on DELL Server  R610  but no success 

i follow all the tutorials to setup the grub file  i did all perfect step by step  

but when comes to the LAN  detect from Synology Assistent  not working  

LAN IP shows on the windows arp -a  the list of the IPs on the LAN Network 

is the problem  because i use Synology Router it may cause to  block the Hacking NAS  right 

i use Synology  router  it may block the LAN  IP  

it shows on the arp -a   windows   the DHCP  network  IPs   but on the router doesn't show  the IP  

any help is welcome thanks   

i m using  loader   Jun’s Loader v1.03b DS3617xs 

i tried all of them  versions 6.2  and  redpill to install   DSM 7  no sucess  

i did all perfect   the synology assistant  not detect the server  

and i see the ip on the arp -a  windows  

i also use find.synology    no sucess  

i believe  my synology router is blocking the connections  

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Synology is blocking you MAC address from the R610.

You may not have the right drivers installed for your NIC which should be one of the Broadcom drivers found here:

https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext

Do you still have the old 6iR storage controller or do you have a newer controller installed?

This may cause a "No drives detected" issue once you build so you may look into purchasing a different controller like the H200 or H700.

Before you do that, try using ARPL loader to build your NAS and see if you can find it on your network:

yes i do i have on my DELL Server H200 controller  

i had before the H700  i changed to H200  it mode  

the NICS  the loader don't detect the NICS   i had to add new NIC  

the DELL NICS dont show the IP and MAC  

the new NIC shows the IP and MAC  

as i said i believe the Synology router blocking the  loader  

if you can help me out  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 11:13 PM, Vereato said:

no, there still other way more likely solutions

how should the dhcp server on the router determine between a dell server and a dell server with a xpenology loader, it just gets a request from a mac address there is no infomtation about the rest and it way to much code and to many options to do unintended things, its way easier to secure DSM itself and i could continue why its not very logical and very unlikely

imho most likely missing firmware files for the nic

DELL Server  R610, two dual port embedded Broadcom® NetXtreme® II 5709c Gigabit Ethernet NIC
-> bnx2.ko and that driver needs firmware to work properly (can be seen when using modinfo or just looking with a hex editot for ".fw"

it should be

\usr\lib\firmware\bnx2\
bnx2-rv2p-06-6.0.15.fw
bnx2-mips-06-6.2.3.fw
bnx2-rv2p-09ax-6.0.17.fw
bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw
bnx2-rv2p-09-6.0.17.fw

i dont know how tcrp handles firmware realted driver, the firmware is not in the driver *.gz that is used in the laoder

arpl loader comes with a "firmware.tgz" and that has all 5 files in it, so try this loader to see if that it the problem (my guess is that it will be working with arpl)

even jun's  1.03b loader did only contain 3 of 5 firmware files  (mips files missing, did not work with all bnx2, i do remember that HPE's did work and some Dell did not)
bnx2-rv2p-06-6.0.15.fw
bnx2-rv2p-09ax-6.0.17.fw
bnx2-rv2p-09-6.0.17.fw

for 6.2 (jun's loader) there is a extended extra.lzma with all firmware files in it

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

but as that loader ends with 6.2.3 update3 and 6.2 in in general retired 6/2023 by synology it not suggested to use that for a new install, maybe for testing

using that with 3615/17 needs also csm mode in a uefi bios and it is needed that on boot the legacy usb device is used (csm is just a option, choosing the uefi usb device overrides that option)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

On 12/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, Vereato said:

yes i do i have on my DELL Server H200 controller  

i had before the H700  i changed to H200  it mode  

the NICS  the loader don't detect the NICS   i had to add new NIC  

the DELL NICS dont show the IP and MAC  

the new NIC shows the IP and MAC  

if you can help me out  

Try adding a intel nic card and it should work...bnx2 drivers are broken on the loader for now as I can see...

14 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

As you can see here bnx2 doesn't work when booting up this Dell R410 I have to add a Nic card for it to work...  I added a intel nic card and got this error using DS920+ bare metal install . So something is wrong on the network side using this loader. How is this fixed ???  I used ARPL loader on DS3622 and that works with no problem on this same machine... I have used this loader on my Esxi server and all works well.

20221222_093735.jpg

20221222_153601.jpg

Edited by painkiller895