XPEnology Community

Intel i225&i226 igc driver development thread

jimmmmm

39 minutes ago, jimmmmm said:

Tried, as i wrote earlier, tred all method, all loaders, nothing works. Tried that last image, at this moment nothing's happened after reboot to loader. Same as others, get ip, set everything, reboot to loader and then nothings happened, can't find on LAN. Tried different media, pendrves, sdcards, sata ssd, etc etc, sdame story. I am in using of  xpenology over 10 years ago, so istalled 50-80 different  hardware without any issues, only that brand new tbao r3 stuck at boot sequence. Tried arpl, ARC, arpl-i18n, redpill, gxnas, Peter Suh  m-shell,  all same story, boot, compile, reboot, don't visible. Tried different cable, different pc, tried alternativel lan with another router another cables, another pc, same result. But pull from shelf an itx mobo with a ryzen5-4500 cpu, install xpenology under 5 minutes, reboot, found,  and then work within 15 minutes.    

IMG_20230809_162506.jpg

IMG_20230809_162538.jpg

3 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Tried, as i wrote earlier, but tried all method, all loaders, nothing works. Tried that last image, at this moment nothing's happened after reboot to loader. Same as others, get ip, set everything, reboot to loader and then nothings happened, can't find on LAN. Tried different media, pendrves, sdcards, sata ssd, etc etc, sdame story. I am in using of  xpenology over 10 years ago, so istalled 50-80 different  hardware without any issues, only that brand new tbao r3 stuck at boot sequence. Tried arpl, ARC, arpl-i18n, redpill, gxnas, Peter Suh  m-shell,  all same story, boot, compile, reboot, don't visible. Tried different cable, different pc, tried alternativel lan with another router another cables, another pc, same result. But pull from shelf an itx mobo with a ryzen5-4500 cpu, install xpenology under 5 minutes, reboot, found,  and then work within 15 minutes.    

IMG_20230809_162506.jpg

IMG_20230809_162538.jpg

Installed same latest ARC loader  to proxmox, so hardware is OK, but unfortunately arc loader doesn't contains  lan or other hardware driver...

prox ok1.jpg

Edited by Rick4

15 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Installed same latest ARC loader  to proxmox, so hardware is OK, but unfortunately arc loader doesn't contains  lan or other hardware driver...

prox ok1.jpg

I did not think the drivers is the problem. Your machine may be not compatible with DSM. You can enable dbgutils add-on in arpl, then build, boot and wait 10 minutes, finally check /mnt/p1/logs in arpl.

Edited by jimmmmm

22 hours ago, jimmmmm said:

I did not think the drivers is the problem. Your machine may be not compatible with DSM. You can enable dbgutils add-on in arpl, then build, boot and wait 10 minutes, finally check /mnt/p1/logs in arpl.

What means, not compatible? This machine is a standard pc with a regular cpu, bios, ram, connectors, etc etc.. Other linux op systems, rockstor, omv, truenas, openwrt+istoreOS, ubuntu server with nextcloud, proxmox can works very very good.   Never head same before. Last 10 years installed many more hardware, with different boards, cpus, ports, but never got same result...

How can i check it? 

Putty ssh or telnet doesn't work, can't connect, keyboard doesn't work, nowhere place to can typing on screen  after reboot. Tried with internal i226V adapters, and r8152 usb2lan adapter, loader shows ip, but can't reach server. 

Edited by Rick4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, jimmmmm said:

All ok after disabled AMD uart config in BIOS!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick4 said:

All ok after disabled AMD uart config in BIOS!

At the timing of building the TCRP loader, if the UART is pre-searched with lspci, etc.,

it seems necessary to review a function that notifies a warning and stops the loader build.
First, I think I need to check if my MOBOs support UART.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

At the timing of building the TCRP loader, if the UART is pre-searched with lspci, etc.,

it seems necessary to review a function that notifies a warning and stops the loader build.
First, I think I need to check if my MOBOs support UART.

Never met same issue, i got informations from Thailand, i am tried to boot it over 60 days, but until that uart set enabled by default, don't boot loader. Can't got warning or anything, simply looks-alike boot, then never find on my LAN. After disabled, works like a charm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/15/2024 at 10:13 AM, fishton said:

Hi rick

you conform that T-BAO R3 works well with XP baremetal just that UART should be disabled from BIOS ?

thanks !

Yes, it works (don't freeze after boot) immediately, if you set OFF UART! 

• Like 1