XPEnology Community

Synology open source dsm6

N0_Klu3

Hey guys,

I know devs are waiting on Synology releasing their tools to the open source project page.

But I am just wondering if Synology will? They have put a lot of work into DSM6 with VM and Docker and so on... Will they just release that to public?

If they would, do anyone know roughly how long they take, like when they released DSM5 or DSM5.1, how long till they released it to the public?

*disclaimer*

I'm not trying to rush it, or harass the devs, I'm purely curious and not having a go at anyone.

If they would, do anyone know roughly how long they take, like when they released DSM5 or DSM5.1, how long till they released it to the public?

Release turn-around for previous major releases of DSM's source code have usually been around a month or so after the binary release. We are usually pretty quick to patch and add our pieces once it gets released, but I don't want to set any expectations for how long it will take us to get an XPEnoboot release ready after the DSM source code is released. We will work as hard as we can to get DSM6 to you guys as soon as we can.

@Jman420

Is there any chance you will fix the rtc_cmos_write in synobios.ko so we dont get any bios reset in stock xpenoboot anymore?

Greetz

Not sure how easy that is. We would need to patch that away. might be doable, would need to check with vortex; he's our patch guy.