mervincm

Members
  • Content Count

    153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

mervincm last won the day on September 30 2019

mervincm had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

6 Neutral

About mervincm

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. even if IG88 couldn't get the 2.5g realtek working, there is options on github, synology package for that NIC. I tried it on my real synology and it worked great.
  2. mervincm

    NVMe cache support

    worked for me. forgot to post earlier thx!
  3. mervincm

    NVMe cache support

    You need to get the script to work, otherwise it doesnt modify the piece required and DSM will not see your NVME drives. the linux subsystem will see them, but nothing in the DSM storage manager.
  4. Just to confirm, I swapped out the i5-9600K and in an i5-8600K and like magic, hw transcoding is working again.
  5. Just an FYI on using the combo of 104b,6.23,918+, extra, and extra2 v11, and looking for hw plex transcoding, I only was able to get the following CPUs to work. i3-8100, i3-8350k, i5-8600k. I was not able to get 9600k working with hw transcode in plex. 9100 is supposed to work but I have not been able to test. looks related to the video driver.
  6. so this is interesting. inside the new videostation package. 2.4.8-1611.spk there is a i965 driver ... wouldnt that mean the i965 kernal driver must be there?
  7. Recent plex packages include i965 and iHD drivers. 3E98 is found in both of these (just did a search with a hex editor)
  8. I can confirm that the i3-8350K ID (Device ID0x3E91) works w v11 of 918+ driver extensions.
  9. Is there an option to include the i965 driver or the iHD_driver?
  10. "Clean USB and HDD install. 6.2.3-25426 918+. 104b, v11 extra and extra2, plus 2 files from pat 6.2.3-25426. hw transcoding was working correctly in plex. I swapped the cpu from 8350K to 9600K and now plex will no longer hw transcode." strange root@DS2:~# dmesg | grep drm root@DS2:~# dmesg | grep i915 root@DS2:~# cat /var/log/dmesg | grep i915 root@DS2:~# cat /var/log/dmesg | grep drm root@DS2:~# cat /var/log/dmesg | grep DRM no DRM or i915 messages???
  11. sudo find / -name synocodectool tells me /usr/syno/bin/synocodectool /volume1/Apps/DS2/Scripts/synocodectool-patch-master/synocodectool /volume2/@appstore/VideoStation/bin/synocodectool so I don't have the tool in a "MediaServer" folder like others have listed, so I targetted the latest Video station app (2.4.8-1611) via self modified pkg. sha1sum /volume2/@appstore/VideoStation/bin/synocodectool 1d01ee38211f21c67a4311f90315568b3fa530e6 /volume2/@appstore/VideoStation/bin/synocodectool Patched the 2 copies it found. not sure if it worked our not, but the script didn't complain. I still have driver issues to work on I think as I don't have a /dev/dri folder yet. I believe it is working as cat /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf {"success":true,"activated_codec":["hevc_dec","ac3_dec","h264_dec","h264_enc","aac_dec","aac_enc","mpeg4part2_dec","vc1_dec","vc1_enc"],"token":"123456789987654abc"} and sudo cat /var/log/messages | grep SN does not seem to be incrementing SN errors any longer
  12. Clean USB and HDD install. 6.2.3-25426 918+. 104b, v11 extra and extra2, plus 2 files from pat 6.2.3-25426. hw transcoding was working correctly in plex. I swapped the cpu from 8350K to 9600K and now plex will no longer hw transcode. even though this was a clean build I tried the rm -rf /usr/lib/modules/update/ and reboot, but it didn't make any difference. I though maybe I needed the very latest i915 driver inside the latest video station (not sure if it would matter to plex but i thought to try) downloaded it from the link in this thread, modified it to apollolake and installed it, ignoring the package is corrupt message. it installed ok, but no improvement to plex ... still no hw transcode in plex .... I do not have a /dev/dri folder, but I don't think plex needs that ...
  13. on current DSM 918+ error message of Patch for DSM Version (6.2.3 25426-0) not found. then a list of the versions it does suport. sudo cat /var/log/messages tells me 2020-05-19T18:39:38-06:00 DS2 synocodectool: G1Licence.cpp:79 Licence not Succes s,error msg "SN format is wrong." 2020-05-19T18:39:38-06:00 DS2 synocodectool: SYNOCodecPatentG1.cpp:242 ValidateG 1Licence failed sudo find / -name synocodectool tells me /usr/syno/bin/synocodectool /volume1/Apps/DS2/Scripts/synocodectool-patch-master/synocodectool /volume2/@appstore/VideoStation/bin/synocodectool sha1sum /usr/syno/bin/synocodectool supplies 1d01ee38211f21c67a4311f90315568b3fa530e6 /usr/syno/bin/synocodectool
  14. POWERBUTTON_6.2-0002.SPK now works again as is (no button.ko or evdev.ko manual fixes) under bare metal 6.2.3. Just install and it works!