XPEnology Community

Hello everyone,

I think this topic has already been discussed, but I wanted some advice on what software can be used to access files from anywhere in the world.
I know about QuickConnect, but obviously I don't have the correct serial number. So I'm wondering what latest 2023 system they are using that is easy to install and secure from being hacked.

Thank you

The O

Hello,
There are many options but let me give you two that I have used. Firstly, you need to register with a free DDNS service as the first step. Some sites offer good SSL encryption as well, I highly suggest you do this as well.  This makes it easy for you to reach your server from anywhere in the world. Second task you need to go into your router and to enable port forwarding to your DSM. DSM uses port 5000 and 5001 for https.  Of course  as mentioned earlier, ensure you have a valid certificate on your server so it can encrypt SSL traffic.  Ok this is one method which is just to access to your DSM from anywhere. The second I use is to install Synology Drive. This makes it easy to access your data from any device. It's reminds me of your cloud service.  Again, same method as above but you will need to do port forwarding on your router to make this work.  I personally use Synology Drive.

Click here to see all the services you can use to port forward in your router.

Edited by vicrod74

• 1 month later...