XPEnology Community

Virtual machine on the box.

My system:

MB: M5A78L-M LX/BR

CPU: Athlon 2 X4

RAM: 16GB

HDD: 3x 1TB + 1x 2TB

Onboard NIC: Realtek® 8111E

I was unable to run a virtual machine on the box. it keep saying "fail to turn on".

I got my hands on a new system.

Asus B85M

CPU: Core i5 4770k

RAM: 32GB DDR3

I installed 3622xs with update 4 normally, but could not get a virtual machine to rum, same message again.

Does anyone know where to find a log file to analise what is wrong?

On 4/10/2023 at 9:59 AM, dj_nsk said:

May be this? (check in BIOS)

on M5A78L-M: Secure Virtual Machine Mode [Disabled] -> [Enabled]

on B85M:  Intel® Virtualization Technology [Disabled] -> [Enabled]

I swear i had vm enable on bios on B85M, but who knows. It was disable. I activated and VM started perfectly on a DS920+. I will try on a 3622xs soon.

image.thumb.png.11e13f066a45d3277b26453202370826.png

Edited by Trabalhador Anonimo

I installed Windows 10 22H2 and it runs like a charmed. The network card get IP address from my DHCP, like bridge connection. the usage of a browser to control the VM is a bit of slow thing. I will try to config it to remote control later. Now I will create a 3622xs to test it.

I will not try this on my M5A78L-M LX/BR because it is working perfectly. After the trials on B85M with 3622xs and if it works, I´ll move my everything to B85M hardware because it is a bit new and powerful the the M5A78.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Trabalhador Anonimo said:

Not yet,

Not yet, but I'll try soon.

I managed to run here on DS1621+

Now I'm going to try to find out how to configure the SATA ports correctly, the sequence wasn't correct, I put 3 HDDs in for testing, but port 2 and 3 are reversed.

3 hours ago, Trabalhador Anonimo said:

It is a 3622xs+. It did not work on M5A78L-M LX/BR. I do not know what to do because it did not give any clue what is happening. Giving up on this one.

Are you from Brazil? I'm doing some Xpenology tests on this hardware I have here, M5A78L-M LX/BR w/ FX-6300 , to replace my Asustor AS3104T, I need to run 2 simple VMs on it, but it doesn't have processing and memory.
Can you tell me which processor and motherboard has the best compatibility for most of the available DSM features? Can you tell me?

36 minutes ago, williansn said:

Are you from Brazil? I'm doing some Xpenology tests on this hardware I have here, M5A78L-M LX/BR w/ FX-6300 , to replace my Asustor AS3104T, I need to run 2 simple VMs on it, but it doesn't have processing and memory.
Can you tell me which processor and motherboard has the best compatibility for most of the available DSM features? Can you tell me?

Yes, I´m from Brazil.

I could make it run on a Core i7 4770k, 16Gb of ram and a Asus B85M.

• 5 months later...

Today, my B85M-E/BR with Xeon E3-1240L V3 is working like a charmed with a Windows 10 virtual machine. access to VM via browser is not acceptable - too slow. I activated remote desktop and connect to it via MSTSC. It is very fast and clean.

I purchase this Xeon on Aliexpress because it is a 25W TDP. For my needs, it is ok.

Restrictions for this motherboard: it has 4x sata 3 and 2x sata 2. All sata 3 works, but only one sata 2 works. The controller for this ports is "port multiplayer" and keep disconnecting from my 3622xs+.

DSM 7.2-69057 UP 3.

HW: Asus B85M-E/BR, 32Gb of memory,  HDD: 1x 2Gb, 8x 1GB whith Asmedia and Marvel PCI-SATA cards.

On 4/10/2023 at 1:08 PM, Trabalhador Anonimo said:

My system:

MB: M5A78L-M LX/BR

CPU: Athlon 2 X4

RAM: 16GB

HDD: 3x 1TB + 1x 2TB

Onboard NIC: Realtek® 8111E

I was unable to run a virtual machine on the box. it keep saying "fail to turn on".

I got my hands on a new system.

Asus B85M

CPU: Core i5 4770k

RAM: 32GB DDR3

I installed 3622xs with update 4 normally, but could not get a virtual machine to rum, same message again.

Does anyone know where to find a log file to analise what is wrong?

When you have AMD CPU you have to choose a Syno with AMD CPU like 923+  and then the VMM is working 

For Intel CPU you have to choose Syno with Intel CPU like 3622xs++

Check that in Bios the virtualsation Feature is activated and alos important is that you not spoofe the MAC Adress you have to use HW Mac Adress phisical in the loader settings

Edited by nemesis122
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 4:13 AM, nemesis122 said:

When you have AMD CPU you have to choose a Syno with AMD CPU like 923+  and then the VMM is working 

For Intel CPU you have to choose Syno with Intel CPU like 3622xs++

Check that in Bios the virtualsation Feature is activated and alos important is that you not spoofe the MAC Adress you have to use HW Mac Adress phisical in the loader settings

You are right. Using SA6400 made it work. Thanks so much.

• Like 1