XPEnology Community

Can't update to 7.1.1-42926 U4. What should be entered in "postupdate" command?

OK, I successfully built a loader (TCRP 9.4.3 ....  3622xs+ 7.1.1-42962 U1)  MSI MS 6471 V3 AMD Mobo.  I needed a new usb loader because my system wouldn't boot after running for over a year on 7.1.  So now I'm on Update 1, but want to upgrade.  So I manually install U4 via the GUI and then reboot to "TCRP Image".  As there is no tutorial on how to install updates... after much searching I found a post that suggested running these commands:

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh backup

./rploader.sh postupdate (your platform)

All commands work except the last one.  What do I type as "your platform".  Always comes back with "platform not found"  I've tried: 3622xs+...  broadwellnk-7.1.1-42926...  3622xs+-broadwellnk-7.1.1-42926....  DS3622xsp-7.1.1-42962.  All to no avail.  Please advise if you can.  I hope this is the right place to post this question.

Thanks.  I had tried the platform you suggest... but without sudo.  That said... to my surprise the update appeared to install just fine when I rebooted....  without successfully completing the postupdate command??  I do have the "withfriend" option at Grub.  Perhaps booting to "withfriend" took care of the update automatically?

Here's a question though.... Booting to TCRP withfriend appears to complete.  Last line on monitor says "nothing further will appear here anymore"..  or something like that.  However this boot does not give me an IP on my network (no diskstation appears).  Booting a second time to USB verbose DOES give my an IP.  

How can I set the default boot for my setup to go to USB Verbose???  Thanks.

Edited by Badger

I could not update my 3622xsp to U2 or U3 or U4. It always corrupt my files and I have to start all over. I did not try "withfriend" command. I´m doing a backup right now and will play around creating a new USB.

the upgrade reboots automatically and keep asking to reinstall PAT file.

Are these commands to be run on a SSH connection after the upgrade goes wrong?

"./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh backup

./rploader.sh postupdate (your platform)"

2 hours ago, Trabalhador Anonimo said:

I create a new usb with "withfriend" and my NIC (all 3) died at the moment it boot. Booting normally, no friend, the NICs works like charmed.

Yes, I get the same behavior.  I hope someone has an answer on how to set default boot to USB (not "withfriend").  Or how to remove the withfriend option from my loader.

Hello team,

I also builded yesterday bootloader for my old Netgear NAS, RN316. I successfully booted and started DS3622xs+, without any issues. Build is working correctly. I used for this build DS3622xsp-7.1.1-42962.pat file with Update 1 inside. But when i tried to push patch Update 2 via GUI, after reboot my nas went in to boot loop. Syn Assistant and web assistant also, wants to recover/reinstall DSM. I tried to do that, without any success.

Can any one help, or direct me where i can find correct procedure (step by step or whatever) for install patches/upgrades? Or provide any infos what should i do after update? Maybe some additional actions are required with TCRP?

PS: What "withfriend" option means?

Regards guys.