XPEnology Community

Hello Guys

I did use the search engine but found nothing.

Is it possible to use the Survaillance Station with Deep Learning to run features like Face Recognizion on XPEnology? 

BECAUSE: The DVA3221 Synology offers has a dedicated graphics card in it but its worth like 50 bucks.. cheap old nVidia card. And for this I will not pay $2k or more!

SO, it woud be very very very nice if somehow it would be possible to use the own graphicscard and a HP Server or something like this. But I dont know how Xpenology copied the Synology OS and I also dont know what software does run on a DVA3221 and if its possible to copy it... 

Sorry for my english its not my motherlanguage.

Thanks and have a great day! David

Edited by davidnet

• davidnet changed the title to Deep Analytics like DVA possible?

Is there even Survaillance Station in the XPEnology software pack you run on your system? 

Would it be possible for the developers / community of XPEnology to implement Video Analystics? Or is this too big to handle? 

I found informations like this:
https://hackernoon.com/6-best-open-source-projects-for-real-time-face-recognition-vr1w34x5

Looks like there is open source face recognition software, but Im sure I wouldnt know how to handle it 😔

Thanks @rojoone2 

Strange that I couldnt find this thread with the search.. 

I will get into this thread and ask any question there if needed.

Last question: This is not an official feature of XPEnology out of the box - would it be interesting to make this official and easy to use? Dint read the full thread yet but looks a bit tricky - althought if you follow the instructions it should work.. I will see

1 hour ago, davidnet said:

Thanks @rojoone2 

Strange that I couldnt find this thread with the search.. 

I will get into this thread and ask any question there if needed.

Last question: This is not an official feature of XPEnology out of the box - would it be interesting to make this official and easy to use? Dint read the full thread yet but looks a bit tricky - althought if you follow the instructions it should work.. I will see

I don't know what you consider official...

But DVA3221 and DVA1622 works fine as long as you take the right loader. You seems to be out of date... You may want to check news...

Look at latest install / update reports... I'm sure you will find usefull hints.

https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/78-dsm-updates-reporting/

Edited by Orphée