XPEnology Community

Boot mode problem RedPill DS918+ v7.1.1-43962 (USB, Verbose)

Hello, I have installed the image tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.3.0.img and everything is perfect. Connecting an hdmi from the Nas to the TV I have observed that it always boots in "Tiny Core Friend" mode. In this mode, the serial number and the mac that the system uses is the one that is generated automatically when entering the commands. In my case, I always use an original Synology serial number and to solve it I always modify the grub.cfg file with notepad++ and substitute the serial number and the Mac, being solved. In this version of Tiny Core Friend that doesn't happen and it doesn't allow me to boot with my serial number in "RedPill DS918+ v7.1.1-43962 (USB, Verbose)" mode, instead it always boots in "Tiny Core Friend" mode and I come back to start. My question is:
Is there a way to modify the boot so that it always boots like previous Tiny Core versions in "RedPill DS918+ v7.1.1-43962 (USB, Verbose)" mode so that I can make use of my original serial number? Synology and my ddns synology.me account? Could this be corrected for future updates of the Tiny Core image?

I recommend you to try M SHELL for TCRP FRIEND, which I developed.

It has evolved a lot from the old TCRP and has been changed to enable loader builds using convenient MENU.

In the process of using this menu, there is a process to enter your SN and MAC address.

A user guide is also shared on Github at the link below.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/releases/tag/v0.9.3.0-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2022 at 11:10 AM, Peter Suh said:

I recommend you to try M SHELL for TCRP FRIEND, which I developed.

It has evolved a lot from the old TCRP and has been changed to enable loader builds using convenient MENU.

In the process of using this menu, there is a process to enter your SN and MAC address.

A user guide is also shared on Github at the link below.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/releases/tag/v0.9.3.0-1

please check bnx2 which does not work,

20221222_093735.jpg

34 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

The problem of TCRP not getting an IP from DHCP is

It may be an environmental problem rather than a program problem.

Is IP assigned when testing with an OS other than TCRP LINUX?

Yes, I have tested TrueNas on this machine and it works with no problem, also a live version of Ubuntu also works....

Edited by painkiller895

7 minutes ago, painkiller895 said:

Yes, I have tested TrueNas on this machine and it works with no problem, also a live version of Ubuntu also works....

So this image show a error, how do you fix this? I added a intel nic card to it. I have a ds3622 woking on this machine with ARPL loader, with your loader I'm getting this error on a bearmetal install.  On my ESXI server all works well with your loader using DS923+ on VMWare.

image.png.f56930785f9ede01eae353aa2a1c500e.png

11 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

image.png.f56930785f9ede01eae353aa2a1c500e.png

If you look at the cmdline on your screen, only one mac1 is used, but netif_num=4 is recorded.
It should be netif_num=1 .

Go back to TCRP, edit the user_config.json file and rebuild the loader.
You can edit user_config.json directly with the vi editor.

You can also use the function "Edit user config fule manually" in my menu.sh. After confirming with OK, it should be saved.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:06 AM, Peter Suh said:

If you look at the cmdline on your screen, only one mac1 is used, but netif_num=4 is recorded.
It should be netif_num=1 .

Go back to TCRP, edit the user_config.json file and rebuild the loader.
You can edit user_config.json directly with the vi editor.

You can also use the function "Edit user config fule manually" in my menu.sh. After confirming with OK, it should be saved.

O.K. I rebuilt the loader as stated running RS4021xs+ it working great with the added Intel nic .  Thanks for the help...... bnx2 still no good... 

Edited by painkiller895
  • Like 1

20221228_130356.thumb.jpg.4dfa6beb0013f7b6a9420b7aa1911f61.jpg

I made a new usb stick with your loader using a Dell R320, built it and I got and ip address from my DHCP server.  After building it I rebooted and was never able to install DSM RS4021 because I couldnt find it with Find.synology.com or using the assistant. 

20221228_131940.thumb.jpg.ceb26918a5ae0dec4270c2490f85f15f.jpg

After building rebooted I see ip address but could never connect...   Something is wrong with the network portion of your loader...

I made another usb stick using APRL Loader and all worked well....

21 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

20221228_135315.thumb.jpg.815205b93c0e14b4be9e94532df9b14d.jpg

ARPL worked with no problem.... no lan card was added.

Do you get the power supply warning on this build? I am curious if @fbelavenuto figured out a fix...  I built a RS4021xs+ with the original M Shell on a Dell R620 that has two power supplies, but I get the warning. I haven't tried rebuilding with a new method.

Edited by rojoone2

• 3 months later...