ThinkPad

open-vm-tools for DSM6?

Hi,

I have XPEnology running as a VM on my ESXi (6u2) host. Works fine.

However, last night i rebooted the ESXi host. This made the XPEnology VM shutdown hard. When i opened the DSM GUI, i got a warning that my RAID1-array was degraded :shock: It took 5 hours to rebuild (2x 2TB in RAID1) and is now all OK again.

To prevent this in the future, i would like to have open-vm-tools package installed, so ESXi can shutdown XPEnology cleanly. Which version can i use with DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 3 ? I found some open-vm-tools bromolow, but these seem quite old (March 2015). Is it safe to use these, or does anyone have a newer version that is recommended for DSM6?

Edit: I have installed 'open-vm-tools_bromolow-5.1_9.10.0-2476743-1.spk' which seems to work OK. But i am still interested if a newer version is available.

Do the vm tools work for you? When I hit shutdown in vsphere dsm gets shut down forcefully

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

Just upgraded my ESXi6.5-based XPEnology to 6.1 and I'm looking for the Open-VM Tools for Broadwell arch as the Bromollow one is not compatible.

Do the vm tools work for you? When I hit shutdown in vsphere dsm gets shut down forcefully

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

You don't need even need the tools, installing the poweroff button package works fine for VMs.

I guess rather than the poweroff package openvmtools would also cover for better performance right?

Would anyone have a link to the latest version of either poweroff package and the latest open vm tools?