le.pipo007

tutorial: 4 camera on surveillance station (legally)

Hi,

i'll share with you my experience. on 11.11 (single day) i bought 2 new camera, i have yet 2 camera.

I'll want to add the new camera to surveillance station... only 2 free, i must pay for the 2 other.

but, i spend 2 days on it, and now i can register 4 camera, for free!!!

first i have a Hp microserver gen8 baremetal(cpu G1610T with 8Gb of ram) dsm 6.1.7-15284 update 2

1. install synology virtual machine manager
  2. import a new vm with the attached file: dsm.ova i create the ova with this tuto, but only the begining, (in fact, i install vmware workstation, import the ovf, configure the vm, start the vm to see if it's working, and export to ovf (rename to ova)). open the file with 7zip
  3. the VM have 1 cpu, 1 Go of RAM, 2 DD 10 go, select E1000 for network adapter
  4. start the vm on virtual server manager (syno)
  5. launch synology assistant
  6. find your syno VM
  7. install the DSM with this file https://archive.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.0.2/8451/DSM_DS3615xs_8451.pat
  8. a reboot, and it OK. be careful, do not about the DSM !
  9. install surveillance station on this vm
  10. add the new camera
  11. on your first surveillance station, install CMS (from application center in surveillance station)
  12. configure CMS: add the new surveillance station server (ip, login, password)
  13. enjoy, the "old" surveillance station have now 4 cameras! and it's record!!!

Cherry on the cake, on the new suveillance station, i map the same "surveillance" folder share that my old surveillance station.

for this, i enable NFS on surveillance share (old server) and on the new DSM (vm) i add entry on /etc/fstab

192.168.x.x:/volumeX/Surveillance /volumeX/surveillance nfs defaults,user,auto,noatime,intr 0 0

now, all my camera are recorder on the same folder.

Hope that this tutorial help you.

Now, if someone have the solution to upgrade the VM to DSM 6.2, I'll take it !!

PS: i'm french, sorry my english !

file 1/4

dsm.7z.001

Edited by le.pipo007

Non hélas je pensais que ça intéressait plus la communauté internationale !

je peux traduire ce tuto mais pas avant la semaine prochaine ! Désolé. 

Hello Le.Pipo007

All is ok, but for "cherry on the cake", I dont see the the shared volume.

1 - I activated NFS on DSM (old) and create a client with new IP DSM (vm) (necessary???)

2 - I added  this on fstab newDSM (vm) : [<ip of old DSM>:/volume1/Surveillance /volume1/surveillance nfs defaults,user,auto,noatime,intr 0 0]

3 - I restarted the new DSM (vm)

When I add a new cam on old DSM, I can see only the new shared folder "surveillance" that is on new DSM (vm)

What is my errors ?

Thank's 

Bruno 

P.S. Never studied english!!!

1. For nfs, go to settings and share , on « surveillance » folder, go to nfs tab, add the IP of the new dsm 

i think it’s Your problem. 

I ´m not in front of my dsm i’ll contact you on monday, but when i don’t see the folder on the new dsm i was wrong on the ip