• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral


  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Just to conclude this issue. I eventually re-compiled all the backports_dvb *.ko files with ref to This post changing it for the upto date sources, and inserted them into backports_dvb folder replacing existing files. I left my previously compiled firewire modules and firedtv modules as they were. And it now works. I'm guessing that the dvb-core.ko file had been modified in some way on the last update. Thank you for the advice. It's a large learning curve for me, as I've never delved into linux based os before.
  2. Can you copy and paste it here, as I don't have access to that part of the forum. Thanks
  3. I'm starting to think it's a dvb problem rather than a dvb adapter problem. My devices are recognised correctly as well. Just the DVB software is hanging when trying to access them.
  4. Ignore previous, a reboot fixed the unknown symbol issue. All modules appear to load in correctly but hang on use.
  5. okay tried to re-compile against the newest source 22-259 - fails with "invalid module format" thought it might be worth a gamble Looks like it's a case of returning to 6.1.4 Thanks for all the input
  6. I've just rechecked the modules and am now getting unknown symbol in module when using insmod. I've tried re-copying the modules again from where I stored them after compiling with the same result. Not sure what this means, except maybe the drivers need recompiling again :-S They were loading in when I used a local.rc file to insmod but would hang when trying to utilise them.
  7. Thank you for the replies, sorry to not update, it's been a very busy week. I've checked dmesg log and it shows the modules loading in okay, in fact the firewire module loads in, then the firedtv modules load in and the cards are correctly recognised. However looking at the tvheadend log it appears that is unable to access the hardware. I'm not sure if something else is using the hardware or if tvheadend group permission settings mean it doesn't have access rights. Permissions for the modules are all chmod 755. I'm not sure quite where to go next with it.
  8. Before the latest update to 6.1.5-15254 I had compiled extra modules for firewire and firedtv so I could use my tv tuners which were working excellently with tvheadend. However post update the modules seem to no longer work. I'm guessing this is because the source is wrong and they need re-compiling against a newer source. Under the sourceforge Synology NAS GPL Source I can find 15047 with the latest being 22259. I would guess the right one would be 15254 which we don't have? Any suggestions or should I compile on a trial and error basis and see what wor
  9. - Outcome of the update: SUCCESSFUL - DSM version prior update: DSM 6.1.4 15217 Update 5 - Loader version and model: Jun's Loader v1.02b - DS3615xs - Installation type: Baremetal Installation - Additional comments: Seems the modules have been updated on a new source. The powerbutton mod doens't work anymore and the other compiled modules I had made no longer work. Think it's from a new source.
  10. Thanks for the info, I don't have a spare 3rd disk and have spent a few too many days organising a lot of data on the disks. So I'll be getting to fix it from ssh, I'll try and Google search answers first and we'll see how we go. I'll update here when I find the fix. Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  11. I've done exactly the same thing, except it's with the loss of my onboard lan. It's annoying me because it's the only one that supports Wol. I've had a quick play with the ifconfig |grub "eth" Which has shown me some interesting stuff but shows that the other driver is not being used. Although lsmod does list it and if you redo the usb boot disk it'll use it until it's recovered the installation then it disappears. I need to do more digging. Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  12. My amd 910e phenom system hung as well. My atheros nic drivers were included, but it wasn't discoverable. So I figured the nic drivers were not working. I followed the guide compile xpenology drivers in win 10, Google it. Recompiled the nic drivers and replaced the drivers on the bootloader and now it works. Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  13. I've put in a floppy-dtv dvb-s and dvb-t tuner in my system. They're quite old technology now, just had them left over from previous projects. They work well with tvheadend, I did have to compile the firewire modules first, then the firedtv modules to make it work. Video station doesn't recognise them. Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  14. Hi, Juns loader 1.02b had the driver in already but it was not discoverable on the network. I just used the 15152 bromolow source with the included driver. Nothing new. It's for the 3615xs hardware. I put it on the extra.lrma and it was discoverable on the network. Thanks Greg Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk