mirekmal

Transition Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About mirekmal

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I'm on 6.0 (ESXi-6.0.0-20160302001)... so quite old...
  2. Well, I doo know the reason, but recently I was forced to restart my ESXi server and to my surprise General tab on info center is back So strange, but it looks that there was something wrong with host... Also getting SYNO.DSM.Info now works as expected.
  3. I've seen this question asked few times in th epast, but without definite answer... I have DSM3615 running as VM in ESXi 6.0 server. Basically it works fine, but General tab in Info Center is blank (all other tabs are populated with relevant information). I'd link this to another problem I face with obtaiing SYNO.DSM.Info by running https://_URL_:_PORT_/webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.DSM.Info&version=2&method=getinfo&_sid=_SID_ command. I can obtain token to replace it in command above, I can run some other commands using this technic, but this particular one hangs browse
  4. Marvell storage driver: mvsas: Marvell PCIe 88SE64XX (3Gb/s) and 88SE94XX 6Gbs) SAS/SATA support, HighPoint RocketRAID 2710/2720/2721/2722/2740/2744/2760 Thank you
  5. mirekmal

    DSM 6.2 Loader

    Have you played somehow with HDD ontrollers configuration via grub.cfg or synoinfo.conf? Such change could cause, eventually, one port controller being visible to DSM as first disk slot...
  6. mirekmal

    DSM 6.2 Loader

    Outcome of the update: PARTIALLY SUCESSFUL - DSM version prior update: none - clean install on previously used with DSM6.1/1.02B loader HW (all disks and original startup USB drive replaced with spare HW) - Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER v1.03b - DS3615XS - Using custom extra.lzma: NO - Installation type: BAREMETAL: - Asus P7H55/USB3 (H55 Express chipset) - Intel Core i3 550 (Clarkdale) - 8GB RAM (DDR3 1333) - 1x on board Realtek 8112L - 2x Intel Gigabit Pro/1000 CT PCIe cards - HighPoint
  7. Hello there! After several experiments I just finished to build something that shoul dbe my 'production' box. Trick is that moving from test bed to new hardware, some things that I though previously I managed to 'master' are not working on new box: - It is based on Asus P7H55 USB3 board. It has 6 internal SATA ports (part of H55 Express chipset,so I understand can either all be switched off or all active) - I added RocketRaid 2720SGL as main HDD controller. - Since case I use has max capacity of 12 drives (4x2.5 and 8x3.5) I changed SataPortMap=48, expecting to see first 4
  8. OK, for anyone interested to know what might be the problem - this might be somehow usefull for troubleshooting similar issues in other setups. So, my setup for connection between Mac and XPEnology box was: Mac -> Cisco SLM2008 switch -> Cisco SG 200-08 switch -> XPEnology box. In theory all of components on the way support jumbo frames, so while finetuning setup I was enabling this gradualy on all components. What turned out is that SLM2008, despite its specification, does not always play well with jumbo frames. It was somehow blocking traffic between Mac on the way to
  9. So, I have new, fresh XPEnology box with 3 NIC. All 3 are 1GB cards and from what I can see on port status in swith and in in DSM itself are connecting at full speed. One NIC is used for general user access (on 1st subnet) and the other 2 NICs are bonded and used for sort of SAN (on 2nd subnet). From Windows machines all connectivity to SMB shares via user network works fine (download speed in range of ~100Mbps), so OK. From Mac (using user subnet) I can connect to other Windows server SMB shares and I get upt o ~100MBps download, so OK From Mac (again on user subnet) I get
  10. OK, so another update; finally got some time to went through clean disk process and I'm happy to report that my 3rd NIC is back on-line Thanks a lot guys for guiding me through troubleshooting!
  11. OK, so here is the progress... All unused devices were already previously disabled, this is what I do by definition on all of my boxes. Per IG-88 suggestions I did two checks: - first I took a look at network configuration files. I found nothing special for eth0 and eth1. eth2 was somehow different; it keps some trials of being bonde. There was additional line MASTER=bond1 (or something very simlar). Since that was something I did not wanted to be here, I deleted it, so it started to look like any othe etx config. Unfortunately after system restart i did not changed anything...
  12. OK, so I did ifconfig check and it shows 3 interfaces; 2 physical (eth0, eth1) and local loopback (lo). So definitelly 3rd NIC is somehow lost. I was wondering if this is not the problem of too many resources being used by expansin cards on mobo (not enough resources). What I read from mobo manual is that some of PCIe slots share lanes, so if addon cards are placed in 8x slots some 1x slots become unavailable. So then I carefully moved cards around, to ensure that it is not the case. No change. then I made another swap, I replaced one of PCIe cards with old PCI 1gb Intel card. Then it bec
  13. I just completed build of my XPEnology box. Basically following available tutorials it was relatively flawless experience (even with a lot of playing with it to try different options). Unfortunately the last step I did seems to be a mistake and now I can't recover... So, to keep long story short; my box has 3 NICs, one on board (Realtek) and 2 PCIe cards (Intel). My intention was to use on board one as user/management access and have 2 others bonded for iSCSI connection to my home server, also using link aggregation. While I made test everything was working fine and all 3 NICs were presented t