XPEnology Community

AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5650G Setup - Loader Boots, but not DSM

valix

Hi, I hope some of you have got an idea.

I get no network connection after booting the DSM. No mac address propagated.

My build:

- AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5650G

- Gigabyte MC12-LE0

- 2x 16 GB ECC RAM

- 2x 1 TB NVMe via Bifurcation adapter

- 2x Intel i210 GbE (onboard)

- Aspeed 2500 BMC

- SATA SSD for testing purposes

- Loader: RR (aka arpl-i18n) 24.1.3 several models (1621+, 3622xs+, 923+), with "all" modules

- DSM: 7.2.1

I tested my hardware with a Windows 10 Installation, therefore I assume everything works basically fine. The USB stick also boots fine.

Since I made good experiences with RR Loader (currently running AMD Carizzo (923+), Intel Skylake (3622+), Intel Ivy Bridge (3622+) setups), I chose it again for my latest project.

grafik.thumb.png.8ec99d87223cc013013320f05b034b0b.png

But unfortunately it doesn't work after building and booting the loader. From the console, everything looks fine, but I get no mac address.
I also switched from UEFI Boot to Legacy Boot.

Removed the mac1 and mac2 entry from config file.
The BMC (ASPEED 2500) is connected to switch port 6 and the the prod interface to switchport GE3, but there is no mac address visible.
grafik.png.6cf8cc5aed9ad6452eb578eaa158bab2.png

Edited by valix

Thank you.
I just tested SA6400 and at least I got further a little bit. little by little the bird builds its nest.

After booting the sa6400 loader I was able to reach the intial setup webpage and install the latest PAT-File (I chose "download from Synology"). But after the first "10 minutes" reboot nothing worked any more 😕 

Edit:
I forgot to mention something. Actually the web interface is in a "reboot loop". Every ten minutes, after the countdown timer reached 0, the web interface say "Error - try again" and the installation progress percentage starts again vom 0% to 100% with the reboot information and aber the reboot count down is again bei 0:00 it all starts again. But actually - according to the display outbput, the machine never reboots. If I do that via reset button, DSM is broken.

Edited by valix

Ok, I found a way to get further with SA6400 or any AMD based other RR-Loader, and I don't really know why, but maybe I have an idea.

Obviously the Intel NICs are shared with the BMC NIC. Therefore I can access the BMC via the Intel NIC and its dedicated NIC. And the BMC NIC is a Realtek 8211E Chip. Idk if this is the one Realtek, which wouldn't work with DSM or if it is just coincidence. The solution was, not to use the onboard NICs and to install the Aquatia Atlantic 107 10 GbE NIC I wanted to install anyway.

Now, only the actual BMC NIC and the Aquatia NIC are connected and SA6400 setups fine.

Edited by valix

• 2 weeks later...
В 28.02.2024 в 20:11, valix сказал:

Ok, I found a way to get further with SA6400 or any AMD based other RR-Loader, and I don't really know why, but maybe I have an idea.

Obviously the Intel NICs are shared with the BMC NIC. Therefore I can access the BMC via the Intel NIC and its dedicated NIC. And the BMC NIC is a Realtek 8211E Chip. Idk if this is the one Realtek, which wouldn't work with DSM or if it is just coincidence. The solution was, not to use the onboard NICs and to install the Aquatia Atlantic 107 10 GbE NIC I wanted to install anyway.

Now, only the actual BMC NIC and the Aquatia NIC are connected and SA6400 setups fine.

Hi, what's the news, where were you?