XPEnology Community

Arc Loader Update - Control panel is not loading

I had ARC Loader and DSM 7.2.1 69057-Update 3 on my HP Microserver Gen8.

I've updated to the latest ARC Loader - 24.1.26-next and I think I now have DSM 7.2.1 69057-Update 4.

All seems to work, except I cannot open the Control Panel. It is loading in the taskbar but is not starting.

Edited by Mentat

Happened to me too: i was on a previous arc loader (non "next" version) and in the wiki says it's required to select "force reinstall" DSM at boot when upgrading to this new "next" version.

A force reinstall keeps your data and your configuration, so no need to worry.

So after a few failed attempts to reinstall DSM (system partition became full after uploading multiple times the .pat because the wizard complained about the file being damaged), my box has the control panel working again

Edited by herrnobiz2

On 1/27/2024 at 3:04 AM, herrnobiz2 said:

Happened to me too: i was on a previous arc loader (non "next" version) and in the wiki says it's required to select "force reinstall" DSM at boot when upgrading to this new "next" version.

A force reinstall keeps your data and your configuration, so no need to worry.

So after a few failed attempts to reinstall DSM (system partition became full after uploading multiple times the .pat because the wizard complained about the file being damaged), my box has the control panel working again

I am in the same situation, tried the force reinstall but it always complaining about corrupted .pat files or not enough space and now it is stuck in recovery/reinstall state.
How did you fix this issue?

On 2/2/2024 at 10:30 AM, dusi said:

I am in the same situation, tried the force reinstall but it always complaining about corrupted .pat files or not enough space and now it is stuck in recovery/reinstall state.
How did you fix this issue?

Hi
As a follow up for anyone who may have the same issue I managed to fix my DSM without losing any data or settings.
Booted into a live Linux, deleted the autoupdate and update folders, and the logs from var folder from the 1st partition, that gave enough space to successfully reinstall the DSM.

Yes, in the "next" Arc loader versions something is changed, it is a known issue if you coming from a non next loader.

You have to force reinstall DSM, after that everything is working again.

You can select the force reinstall when the loader is booting on the NAS.