Jump to content
XPEnology Community

Arc Loader Update - Control panel is not loading


Recommended Posts

I had ARC Loader and DSM 7.2.1 69057-Update 3 on my HP Microserver Gen8.

 

I've updated to the latest ARC Loader - 24.1.26-next and I think I now have DSM 7.2.1 69057-Update 4.

 

All seems to work, except I cannot open the Control Panel. It is loading in the taskbar but is not starting.

Edited by Mentat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happened to me too: i was on a previous arc loader (non "next" version) and in the wiki says it's required to select "force reinstall" DSM at boot when upgrading to this new "next" version.

A force reinstall keeps your data and your configuration, so no need to worry.

So after a few failed attempts to reinstall DSM (system partition became full after uploading multiple times the .pat because the wizard complained about the file being damaged), my box has the control panel working again

Edited by herrnobiz2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2024 at 3:04 AM, herrnobiz2 said:

Happened to me too: i was on a previous arc loader (non "next" version) and in the wiki says it's required to select "force reinstall" DSM at boot when upgrading to this new "next" version.

A force reinstall keeps your data and your configuration, so no need to worry.

So after a few failed attempts to reinstall DSM (system partition became full after uploading multiple times the .pat because the wizard complained about the file being damaged), my box has the control panel working again

I am in the same situation, tried the force reinstall but it always complaining about corrupted .pat files or not enough space and now it is stuck in recovery/reinstall state.
How did you fix this issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2024 at 10:30 AM, dusi said:

I am in the same situation, tried the force reinstall but it always complaining about corrupted .pat files or not enough space and now it is stuck in recovery/reinstall state.
How did you fix this issue?

Hi
As a follow up for anyone who may have the same issue I managed to fix my DSM without losing any data or settings.
Booted into a live Linux, deleted the autoupdate and update folders, and the logs from var folder from the 1st partition, that gave enough space to successfully reinstall the DSM.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, in the "next" Arc loader versions something is changed, it is a known issue if you coming from a non next loader.

You have to force reinstall DSM, after that everything is working again.

You can select the force reinstall when the loader is booting on the NAS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 2/3/2024 at 5:49 PM, dusi said:

Hi
As a follow up for anyone who may have the same issue I managed to fix my DSM without losing any data or settings.
Booted into a live Linux, deleted the autoupdate and update folders, and the logs from var folder from the 1st partition, that gave enough space to successfully reinstall the DSM.

I had the same issue.

Upgraded Arc Loader from 24.1.6 to 24.5.4 first.

After boot Control Panel didn't open.

Tried "Force-Reinstall DSM", and after many trials got errors like:

  • "Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted."
  • "Failed to upload the DSM installation file. Please check the network connection and try again."
  • "Available system space is insufficient."

According to the instructions above (thank you 😊) I deleted the content of:

- /@autoupdate/
- /upd@te/
- /root/Xpenology_backup/ (100MB+)

This gave me 780MB of free space which was enough to reinstall DSM.

Before I wiped "/root/Xpenology_backup/" folder there was 680MB of free space and this was still not enough to reinstall DSM! I still got errors around 40% - 55%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

 

On 5/31/2024 at 12:12 AM, Mentat said:

Use any Linux and create a bootable USB stick.

Boot from the stick and run the LIVE version (you don't need to install on the computer drive).

 

https://lubuntu.me/downloads/

 

 

Get the ISO, and create the stick with balenaEtcher.

 

From linux, you have access to the partition of the xpenology stick to delete the files.

 

 

Did you have to rebuild a raid array in ubuntu?  I tried using the instructions from the tutorial I linked above, booted into linux, installed mdadm and lvm2, followed the commands in terminal but no luck.  Saying "no super block found"

 

I have an SHR raid across 4 x 8TB drives.   

 

Being as this is my backup system, I am thinking about just nuking the whole thing and starting over.  Kind of want to switch from hyper backup to snapshot replication anyway.  On the other hand, I want to know I can perform this recovery in case the same thing happens to my main box, which I plan to upgrade next.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...