XPEnology Community

What 8/9/10th Gen motherboard you have that supported in DSM 7.x?

donchico

I run a Gigabyte B365-DS3H with an i5-8400. I’ve the years I’ve tried DS3622, DS918+, DS920+, DVA3221, and currently been using DVA1622. The reason I settled on 1622 is for the ability to support HW transcode with Plex utilizing intel quickset, this is only supported on 918/920/1622. H.265 is decoded perfectly fine with using nearly no CPU resources. Second reason is I have 5 cameras and surveillance station with the DVA series includes 8 licenses natively.

I don’t use video station or photos, therefore I have no desire to try and activate HVEC encoding/decoding for those packages. 

Edited by merve04
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, merve04 said:

I run a Gigabyte B365-DS3H with an i5-8400. I’ve the years I’ve tried DS3622, DS918+, DS920+, DVA3221, and currently been using DVA1622. The reason I settled on 1622 is for the ability to support HW transcode with Plex utilizing intel quickset, this is only supported on 918/920/1622. H.265 is decoded perfectly fine with using nearly no CPU resources. Second reason is I have 5 cameras and surveillance station with the DVA series includes 8 licenses natively.

I don’t use video station or photos, therefore I have no desire to try and activate HVEC encoding/decoding for those packages. 

Thank you for sharing this is a big help.

May I ask if it will also work with DVA3221?

Did you add a discreet video card?

5 hours ago, donchico said:

I think this thread might help you.
It could be TMI, but if you just follow the part about adding a video card, there will be a lot of useful information.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/58499-dva3221-loader-development-thread

On 6/21/2023 at 5:16 PM, killerzac said:

Here is the latest AME patch for version 1.1.0-51005
I'm replicating Wangsiji's work.

enjoy.

screenshot.png

codecpatch.sh 15.56 kB · 38 downloads amepatch.py 2.15 kB · 30 downloads

3 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

I think this thread might help you.
It could be TMI, but if you just follow the part about adding a video card, there will be a lot of useful information.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/58499-dva3221-loader-development-thread

thank you so much! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, donchico said:

So prior to DVA1622 being made available, I found out about DVA3221 which supported 8 cameras. I was using DS918+ running a VM within DSM as each instance provided 2 licenses for cameras, but this started getting heavy running DSM and 2 VM's. I tried DVA3221 which was awesome but due to the lack of discreate video card, I could no longer support HW transcoding for plex. When DVA1622 came around, I jumped on it and its been great ever since. The one things I've mentioned a few times around is ever since I moved on from using DS918+, my download speeds have suffered, to the tune of nearly 30MB\s. I suspect a network driver issue. I've tried several loaders, but always the same result. If I rebuild with DS918+ image, I get full 95-105MB\s. I believe the NIC is realtek 8118. I've thought about buying a NIC and put it in a PCIe slot, just never bothered.

2 hours ago, merve04 said:

So prior to DVA1622 being made available, I found out about DVA3221 which supported 8 cameras. I was using DS918+ running a VM within DSM as each instance provided 2 licenses for cameras, but this started getting heavy running DSM and 2 VM's. I tried DVA3221 which was awesome but due to the lack of discreate video card, I could no longer support HW transcoding for plex. When DVA1622 came around, I jumped on it and its been great ever since. The one things I've mentioned a few times around is ever since I moved on from using DS918+, my download speeds have suffered, to the tune of nearly 30MB\s. I suspect a network driver issue. I've tried several loaders, but always the same result. If I rebuild with DS918+ image, I get full 95-105MB\s. I believe the NIC is realtek 8118. I've thought about buying a NIC and put it in a PCIe slot, just never bothered.

I am wondering if there is a way to expand the drive pool on a DS918+ to 12 drives. The DS918+ only has 4 drive bays, so I am not sure if this is possible. Is there a patch or other workaround that would allow me to do this?

11 hours ago, donchico said:

I am wondering if there is a way to expand the drive pool on a DS918+ to 12 drives. The DS918+ only has 4 drive bays, so I am not sure if this is possible. Is there a patch or other workaround that would allow me to do this?

Pretty sure all these loaders have been written to support 16 drives. DVA1622 natively only has 2 drives, I’m currently running 10. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, merve04 said:

Pretty sure all these loaders have been written to support 16 drives. DVA1622 natively only has 2 drives, I’m currently running 10. 

Thank you so much for the info! a friend of mine told me that too after I have posted this concern. Your advice is big help I really appreciate it :)