XPEnology Community

No access to DSM after booting

Philebos

Question

Hello,

I am trying to run DSM on a AMD Ryzen Mini PC.

But it just won't work even though the result of the setup is exactly like in the Tutorial I am following.

After booting this message appears but DSM cannot be reached via the given IP

DSM%20boot.png?raw=true

I tried booting DSM the same way with four other, very different PCs and it always worked the first time.

Is there maybe a simple solution which I, as a tech amateur, cannot see?

or should I just get rid of this Mini PC and buy a different one?

since it worked with all my other PC this could maybe just be a very idiosyncratic issue with this specific PC model...

thank you all in advance for your effort!

Edited by Philebos

4 answers to this question

I had considered that the AMD CPU was the problem.

however, I tried to run the loader on my Desktop PC which is also powered by an AMD Ryzen. So, at least it isn't only caused by the AMD. 

anyway, I returned the Mini PC and decided to build my own device based on an old PC I already own. 

On this system Xpenology already runs without issue so I can upgrade the hardware slowly and if it should stop working at any point I will at least know what caused it...

Thanks for the answer!

I know but can exclude this as the (main) problem since my AMD Desktop PC also only has an M.2 NVMe.

But with my Desktop PC the loader worked fine. After booting it was detected as a Synology NAS in the network and I could connect to it via the assigned IP.

However, as was to be expected, DSM couldn't be installed because no HDDs could be found.

at the moment my best guess is that either the mainboard or the mobile Ryzen CPU were causing the problem.