XPEnology Community

Crashed Volumes after power outage

Agent-Orange

Question

Hi Guys

Today I had a little power outage which cause that 2 of my Raids crashed on my DSM VM. None of the disks is faulty but both Raids are showing "Read-only" but I'm able to access the files via WinScp or File-Explorer.

The Raids are mapped as md2 & md3 although md3 is showing "faulty active sync" when using mdadm -D but the state is "clean". Md2 is showing "clean, degraded, recovering" and active sync on all drives and "spare rebuilding" on the last drive. So I guess md2 will repair itself within the next hours.

I did some research and I found the command "mdadm --stop /dev/md3" to unmount md3, so that I can rebuild it with the 3 disks that belong to that raid. But when I do that, I always get the message, that md3 is in use:
"mdadm: Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md3:Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group?"

Anybody an idea how to solve this problem? Is there a command to stop all processes like syno_poweroff_task for DSM7?

3 answers to this question