XPEnology Community

No 2.5G network after install

strainu

Hi folks. I have one of the Chinese NAS boards with 2 Intel i225 + 1 Realtek 2.5G NICs and a Celeron J6413 CPU. I installed the latest DS918+ 7.11 release using the Redpill loader. It correctly identified all existing hardware, including the NICs, and installed the proper drivers. All three ports function properly in TCRP and TCRP Friend, but once RedPill boots the Synology Kernel none of them do anything - the LEDs light up but don't blink to indicate traffic.

To debug, I also tried to set the IP manually in user-config.json, just in case dhclient wasn't working and I tried creating a serial with the original MAC. Nothing worked.

How can I go about debugging this further? Thanks!

1 hour ago, strainu said:

Hi folks. I have one of the Chinese NAS boards with 2 Intel i225 + 1 Realtek 2.5G NICs and a Celeron J6413 CPU. I installed the latest DS918+ 7.11 release using the Redpill loader. It correctly identified all existing hardware, including the NICs, and installed the proper drivers. All three ports function properly in TCRP and TCRP Friend, but once RedPill boots the Synology Kernel none of them do anything - the LEDs light up but don't blink to indicate traffic.

To debug, I also tried to set the IP manually in user-config.json, just in case dhclient wasn't working and I tried creating a serial with the original MAC. Nothing worked.

How can I go about debugging this further? Thanks!

I want you to switch from the loader you are currently using to my M SHELL and check the log.

Execute the command below in TCRP Linux.

curl -kLO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/master/my.sh.gz; tar -zxvf my.sh.gz ; ./rploader.sh backup; sudo reboot

It may take several boot steps.

In the grub boot menu, move your keyboard to run the TCRP loader build, not TCRP FRIEND.

2023-05-0211_50_09.thumb.png.2123c3f6972db6e34aa1df0ff391e710.png

When the following menu window appears, build the loader one more time with DS918+ 7.1.1-42962.

It's very difficult to check the logs if even one of the three NICs isn't working.

However, you can try.

Test whether you can enter the getty console by pressing the g key within 7 seconds during the FRIEND booting process of M SHELL for TCRP.

2023-05-1212_00_34.thumb.png.e5d51120f251617377e32b7ad0853cf6.png

2023-05-2011_39_57.thumb.png.149cf16285233e7232b48036feddec8e.png

2023-05-2011_53_24.thumb.png.a76a0185e1b0dc25e6c77b5eacaf245c.png

If key-in is possible
Log in as root without a password and let us know the result of the command below.
cat /var/log/*rc*

Even if it is not possible, the log you see now is the last part of the result of the above command.
Please capture it and let me know.

Edited by Peter Suh

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2023 at 5:46 PM, strainu said:

I solved this using ARPL instead of the pocopico loader.

Hi Strainu, 

I have the same MB and and I can't have /dev/dri folder.
Have you this folder ? (I use it for Plex hardware transcoding).

My config : 
- ARPL with DSM 7.1 (42962)
- DS918+ with original serial 
- 1 mac spoofing

All is OK on another board (J5005) with DSM 7.0 and TCRP loader.

Edited by lee93fr

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 5:46 PM, strainu said:

I solved this using ARPL instead of the pocopico loader.

I have same issue. Bought a tbao r3 mini pc with a ryzen5-5500u and a double i226v LAN cards. After compile, assistant don't find server on lan. triem tcrp, arpl, arc, arpl n18i, etc etc etc. In proxmox works good, but want to use native. Tired with an RTL8153 usb2lan adapter, same result. After compile and reboot, can't find on network. 

How can you solve that issue? Simply arpl install? That don't hepled me. 

Edited by Rick4

• 5 months later...