XPEnology Community

Mailplus configuration

trek102

Has anyone successfully setup MailPLus with 2 different domains? My emails always end up in both mailboxes.

I tried and mail send/receive works fine but all receiving emails end up in the same mailbox.

Settings:

1 user "testuser" setup in DSM

2 domains setup in MailPlus under domain dom1.com and dom2.com

When I send an email to testuser@dom1.com, that email is visible in both mailboxes testuser@dom1.com and testuser@dom2.com

Strangely, when I connect via IMAP client to one mailbox and view the email, it then shows as "viewed" status in the other mailbox.

Does anyone have any experience with mail setup?

• 3 weeks later...

Mailboxes are per user. If you are using the same user account added to both email domains like in your example, there is one login for that user and one mailbox, it just adds both domains to that one user so they can use both. I believe you'll need to create separate user accounts to use each email address as its own. I don't know if gmail still works this way but I believe you used to be able to send emails to a gmail user via "username@gmail.com" or "username@googlemail.com" so kinda the same concept.... both are same user mailbox just two different addresses going to it.

Yes you are correct. that’s exactly how it works. I think it’s very misleading by Synology to advertise so proudly that they now support multiple domains. It makes people think they really separate them as separate domains. Dumping all incoming mail from different domains into one mailbox is not multi domain support.