XPEnology Community

Bad ports are mapped - I'm confused....

steveharman

I'm working my way through the Redpill instructions over at https://tinyurl.com/y85kebuw - I already have a DSM 6.2 install running but feel like it's time to migrate / upgrade.  Everything is making sense up to the satamap stage, where I'm totally confused.  ;-). . 

I run ./rploader.sh satamap and am told that 6 ports and 1 drive is found.  Ports 1-5 are said to be "bad" so I choose the remaining port 6.  At which point the script confirms my choice but also says that bad ports are mapped and the installation will fail (terminal output is copied below).

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong please?   It's a bare metal install on a Dell Optiplex 3010 with RedPill/TinyCore 0.9.2.9.

Thanks,

Steve

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh satamap

Found "00:1f.2 Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (rev 04)"
Detected 6 ports/1 drives. Bad ports: 1 2 3 4 5. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <6> 6

Computed settings:
SataPortMap=6
DiskIdxMap=00

WARNING: Bad ports are mapped. The DSM installation will fail!

Should i update the user_config.json with these values ? [Yy/Nn]

I have an Optiplex 3020 that I tested with TCRP 0.9.2.9 and I got the same message "Bad ports: 2 3 4 5" with 2 disks connected.

I just hit enter and built the loader anyway, but I kept getting the "File is probably corrupt" error and could not install the PAT file.

I cant find any settings in the bios to disable the "bad ports" and my system only has two SATA ports on the motherboard...

So I tried ARPL and it works perfectly for that particular system.. even with DS920+ and DVA1622.

Give that loader a try if you have not done so already.

19 hours ago, rojoone2 said:

I have an Optiplex 3020 that I tested with TCRP 0.9.2.9 and I got the same message "Bad ports: 2 3 4 5" with 2 disks connected.

I just hit enter and built the loader anyway, but I kept getting the "File is probably corrupt" error and could not install the PAT file.

I cant find any settings in the bios to disable the "bad ports" and my system only has two SATA ports on the motherboard...

So I tried ARPL and it works perfectly for that particular system.. even with DS920+ and DVA1622.

Give that loader a try if you have not done so already.

Fantastic, I hadn't even heard of ARPL before your message and as you say, it worked perfectly first time.  To my surprise and pleasure I'm now migrated from DSM 6.x > DSM7.1 all thanks to ARPL and your tip!  :-)

Strange why the manual method throws the "bad ports" error when ARPL doesn't, but it's all good.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...