XPEnology Community

Problem with satamap - how does it work?

Yes it is possible, but not really interesting. You must have a serial number and mac addresses.

In version 7.0.1 uX, there are alternative methods to enable services. In version 7.1, it gets more complicated!

To access your server from the outside, a Dyndns will do!

You will understand, it is not really useful! :-)

14 hours ago, renegadeBE said:

Yes it is possible, but not really interesting. You must have a serial number and mac addresses.

In version 7.0.1 uX, there are alternative methods to enable services. In version 7.1, it gets more complicated!

To access your server from the outside, a Dyndns will do!

You will understand, it is not really useful! :-)

I got a fixed IPv4. So i just going to open up some Ports for the NAS i think.

Hi gangs,

I have a similar issue with disabled Sata ports, but mine are port 2 and 4. The motherboard is Biostar NM70I-1037U. It comes with 3 Sata ports, 1 x 6Gb, 3 x 3Gb. Previously running 6.2.3 with 4 drives.

I managed to have 3615xs 7.0.1.42281 installed with SataPortMap=1, but it only sees 1 drive.

If I start the installation with SataPortMap=4, the installation stopped with error message: errors found in drive 2 and 4, Sata port 2, 4 are disabled.

Can the right sata_remap fix this issue? What value should be used? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Edited by shadowcliffs

32 minutes ago, shadowcliffs said:

Hi gangs,

I have a similar issue with disabled Sata ports, but mine are port 2 and 4. The motherboard is Biostar NM70I-1037U. It comes with 3 Sata ports, 1 x 6Gb, 3 x 3Gb. Previously running 6.2.3 with 4 drives.

I managed to have 3615xs 7.0.1.42281 installed with SataPortMap=1, but it only sees 1 drive.

If I start the installation with SataPortMap=4, the installation stopped with error message: errors found in drive 2 and 4, Sata port 2, 4 are disabled.

Can the right sata_remap fix this issue? What value should be used? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I would suggest the other bootloader stuff that @renegadeBE linked higher up this thread. I tried hours to get it to work with manual trying different Sataportmap and SATA remap, nothing worked. But this loader.. it just worked and was very easy to setup.

13 minutes ago, Timon-H said:

I would suggest the other bootloader stuff that @renegadeBE linked higher up this thread. I tried hours to get it to work with manual trying different Sataportmap and SATA remap, nothing worked. But this loader.. it just worked and was very easy to setup.

You mean the TCRP? I tried that to create the loader, it tells me that there are 6 Sata ports with 2 bad ports, and ask me to confirm to set SataPortMap to 6.

1 hour ago, renegadeBE said:

@shadowcliffs

Test 1 :

SataPortMap=13
DiskIdxMap=0001

Test 2

SataPortMap=22
DiskIdxMap=0002

Test 3

SataPortMap=31
DiskIdxMap=0003

If not working, post results for this:

dmesg | fgrep "ata" 
dmesg | fgrep "DUMMY"

Thanks, but TCRP tells me that there is only one SATA controller:

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh satamap

Found "00:1f.2 Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)"
Detected 6 ports/2 drives. Bad ports: 2 4. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <6> 

It seems the controller has 6 SATA ports, but 2 of them (2,4) are somehow disabled by factory.

In general the way to go is ARPL, issue is that not all addons are ready yet. If you are satisfied with the existing addons, then go for ARPL otherwise, try TCRP. The ARPL bad ports patch has been added for most plafforms to TCRP as well and regardless of the satamap message it should install fine. 

If you try to install on a platform and you get the disabled drives message please leave me a message so i can fix that.

• 1 year later...
В 10.07.2022 в 20:32, renegadeBE сказал:

Я больше не знаю, как тебе помочь. Извини

@ИГ-88может быть другое решение. Или другой участник...

Если нет, то можно попробовать другой генератор, он использует другой подход к идентификации HDD. Я прикрепил для вас тему.

The picture is not available. Can someone send again?