XPEnology Community

is there a way to downgrade from a bricked box with 6.2 to 6.1

mpuff

Question

Hello community,

is there a way to downgrade from 6.2 to 6.1

i have tried the update to 6.2, and now my box is bricked, i doesnt get an ip address, so i cant connect per ssh to the system.

i copy now my data from the disks with an bootet ubuntu.

i have Jun's loader 1.02b

thank you.

Edited by mpuff

11 answers to this question

7 hours ago, mpuff said:

is there a way to downgrade from 6.2 to 6.1

i have tried the update to 6.2, and now my box is bricked, i doesnt get an ip address, so i cant connect per ssh to the system.

i copy now my data from the disks with an bootet ubuntu.

i have Jun's loader 1.02b

Have you tried "reinstall" option in grub boot menu?

i have tried the secound option from the administrator, but when i create a new usb stick with juns loader 1.02b, an copy the grub.cfg on it, the stick boots, but i doesnt get an ip from the fritzbox and the synology assistant doesnt find a new syno :shock: 

i have a microgen server 8 from hp.

1 minute ago, mpuff said:

i have tried the secound option from the administrator, but when i create a new usb stick with juns loader 1.02b, an copy the grub.cfg on it, the stick boots, but i doesnt get an ip from the fritzbox and the synology assistant doesnt find a new syno :shock: 

i have a microgen server 8 from hp.

Try other MAC/SN combination.

6 minutes ago, mpuff said:

when i boot without the disks, it works, but the next problem is, the controller in the microserver is not hotplug :cry:

Choose "reinstall" with all drives connected, then try to find NAS with Synology Assistant. Worked for me, but not with 6.2 installed. Perhaps it is not a bad idea to prepare quite new USB stick with 1.02b Jun's loader... With different MAC and SN.