• 0
mpuff

is there a way to downgrade from a bricked box with 6.2 to 6.1

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello community,

 

is there a way to downgrade from 6.2 to 6.1

i have tried the update to 6.2, and now my box is bricked, i doesnt get an ip address, so i cant connect per ssh to the system.

i copy now my data from the disks with an bootet ubuntu.

i have Jun's loader 1.02b

thank you.

Edited by mpuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

try the clean drive process in this thread, adjusted for your virtual disks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, mpuff said:

is there a way to downgrade from 6.2 to 6.1

i have tried the update to 6.2, and now my box is bricked, i doesnt get an ip address, so i cant connect per ssh to the system.

i copy now my data from the disks with an bootet ubuntu.

i have Jun's loader 1.02b

Have you tried "reinstall" option in grub boot menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, LolleQ said:

Have you tried "reinstall" option in grub boot menu?

use reinstall option in my ESXi box is not working...so sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

i wil try it today

 

Edited by mpuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i have tried the secound option from the administrator, but when i create a new usb stick with juns loader 1.02b, an copy the grub.cfg on it, the stick boots, but i doesnt get an ip from the fritzbox and the synology assistant doesnt find a new syno :shock: 

i have a microgen server 8 from hp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, mpuff said:

i have tried the secound option from the administrator, but when i create a new usb stick with juns loader 1.02b, an copy the grub.cfg on it, the stick boots, but i doesnt get an ip from the fritzbox and the synology assistant doesnt find a new syno :shock: 

i have a microgen server 8 from hp.

Try other MAC/SN combination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

have changed the SN, but also not.

I have also installed the extra.lzma for ds3615 v4.8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

when i boot without the disks, it works, but the next problem is, the controller in the microserver is not hotplug :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, mpuff said:

when i boot without the disks, it works, but the next problem is, the controller in the microserver is not hotplug :cry:

Choose "reinstall" with all drives connected, then try to find NAS with Synology Assistant. Worked for me, but not with 6.2 installed. Perhaps it is not a bad idea to prepare quite new USB stick with 1.02b Jun's loader... With different MAC and SN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

ok, i have plugged in the disks when the boot was ok, now i installed the 6.1 and i have installed it, all data are there :) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
The question(s) in this topic have been answered and/or the topic author has resolved their issue. This topic is now closed. If you have other questions, please open a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.