XPEnology Community

DS916+ loader DSM 6.1 i7 3770T

m4rl0ne

Question

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this awesome project. I got both the DS3615 and the DS3617 loader running on my test system (Fujitsu Esprimo P7935 / Core 2 Duo E8500 /  2Gigs Ram / Intel NIC).

I tried to get the DS916+ image running, as I need to test the hardware transcoding ability. From my understanding, you need a compatible CPU, close to the one used in the original Syno DS916+. My current test rig (see above) doesn't seem to match the requirements. In a few days, I will receive my new NAS System with a core i7 3770T. Will this processor be able to run the DS916+ image? If not, what would I have to change? I'm quite experienced when it comes to Linux kernels and such, I am also working as a software developer, so some skills are present. Is there any other way to improve the transcoding abilities so that I can transcode 4k video files with this i7 processor?

Thanks in advance for any help and keep up the great work!

Greetings from Germany, Marlon

1 answer to this question

if i understand right your i7 3770T has only one Hardware codec. Here comparism with the one i used

https://www.technikaffe.de/cpu_vergleich-intel_pentium_g4600-700-vs-intel_core_i7_3770-322

i am going same "trial on error" for Hardware transcoding but up to now only got 3 codec's activated. I read all the posts releated to that topic but found only questions but no solutions. I looked to newest Synology Hardware (e.g. DS918+) which is able too but did not get an answer why there is no XPENOLOGY loader lake that.

A valid serial number is needed.

For check via telnet look here, only with DS916 loader i got the clickbox for "Hardwarebeschleunigung aktivieren" in Video Station.  Installing Emby added hevc_dec in my case (maybe it installs ffmeg ? )

@Polanskiman: please help us