XPEnology Community

Help-Error after update - Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found

droiduser22

Question

Hello Everyone,

Okay so the situation is this. 

My NAS shows up in the Synology Assistant.

The drives are mapped, I can access in Windows File Explorer. It seems everything is working in the background.

BUT I can no longer get into the NAS from my browser. I get this error "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found."

I spent a few hours searching the internet and this forum to see if I can fix it myself. I did not see any info.

I've rebooted my router, tried other computers and browsers. 

I also rebooted the NAS few times.

Hardware is bare metal.

I am updated on the NAS to DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4

This problem came up when I shutdown the NAS and moved a drive from one of the sata ports.

I was adding an SSD cache drive.

After I rebooted, I can no longer get into the NAS from a web browser.

I looked at Tiny loader on boot and it says up to date with 0.0.6

What do I do? I am awaiting your response before I do anything else. I was going to try recreating my Tiny USB boot drive but I will wait for you before I touch anything.

THANKS!

3 answers to this question

3 часа назад, droiduser22 сказал:

Hardware is bare metal.

I am updated on the NAS to DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4

This problem came up when I shutdown the NAS and moved a drive from one of the sata ports.

I was adding an SSD cache drive.

After I rebooted, I can no longer get into the NAS from a web browser.

I looked at Tiny loader on boot and it says up to date with 0.0.6

You need to update the bootloader - TCRP 0.0.6 and DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4 cannot live together 😜

Choose one of the modern versions of the bootloader for yourself (I just gave them a general summary), write it down on a USB stick, configure DSM model and version 7.2 for your model - everything should start.

If you haven't updated the loader for a very long time and forgot everything, then I recommend using automated loaders - M Shell, Ark (by the way, in Arc you can still perform "DSM Force Reinstall" for recovering of system files, the system itself will ask when downloading if you want to save your packages and settings. The data on the disks will be saved)

Edited by dj_nsk
  • Like 1

UPDATE- This is for someone else in the future should they run into this issue.

This was EASY. I used the ARC method. I got my system up and running in 10 minutes. It's currently rebuilding my 3rd drive probably because I moved the location of the SATA connection on my motherboard from 3 to 4th. I went to GitHub link, and downloaded the xxx.img.zip. I unzipped and then burned the image to USB3 (16gb drive). Booted the computer/NAS and followed the directions. It was EASY. I picked some options/boxes such as marking the disk check healthy option (don't recall the exact name but you will see it...Synology now gives a warning for Seagate Ironwolf and other drives. That option removes the error from the NAS when you are running). I also picked the Photo station patch option.

It did not work the first time, it went to the end of the 10 minutes and then said something went wrong. I reran the ARC/USB stick and picked FORCED REINSTALL and that worked. I'm currently rebuilding my 3rd drive because I originally moved where it was connected to the SATA port from 3rd to 4th position on the motherboard (if that made a difference hence the rebuild).

IMPORTANT - WAIT WAIT and WAIT - Arc runs slow, just WAIT...it will eventually get to the end showing the root info saying ARC and telling you to log into your NAS.

THANKS! I will try to follow what you said.

YOU ARE RIGHT, I forgot what to do, haven't updated in a while.

I did save my notes and original manual. I thought Tiny Loader updated itself whenever it reboots.

Funny you mentioned ARC as I saw a youtube video few days ago. I'll look more into it.

3 hours ago, dj_nsk said:

You need to update the bootloader - TCRP 0.0.6 and DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4 cannot live together 😜

Choose one of the modern versions of the bootloader for yourself (I just gave them a general summary), write it down on a USB stick, configure DSM model and version 7.2 for your model - everything should start.

If you haven't updated the loader for a very long time and forgot everything, then I recommend using automated loaders - M Shell, Ark (by the way, in Arc you can still perform "DSM Force Reinstall" for recovering of system files, the system itself will ask when downloading if you want to save your packages and settings. The data on the disks will be saved)

Edited by droiduser22
new info again