XPEnology Community

Help with i915 and ARC loader (add a comdline item)

xpe48

Question

Got the system built and it shows the IP address than a few seconds later screen goes blank, kernel panic.

In the ARC Advanced menu there is an Add Cmdline item. The options i915_enable_guc 1 ,2 or 3 do not work.

Is there another option which needs to be added to get it to work?

3 answers to this question

23 часа назад, xpe48 сказал:

In the ARC Advanced menu there is an Add Cmdline item. The options i915_enable_guc 1 ,2 or 3 do not work.

I haven't even seen this option before :)  And what exactly are you using it for?

Unstable operation has been observed in some recent versions of Arc (and it is suspected that there is something wrong with Addon i915 in other bootloaders) - try to make a Full Upgrade of the Arc Loader and configure it manually after that ("clear config").

That option was recommended by the devleoper. It is in there as an option but it made no difference.

Even older versions are not working. Could be a compatiblity issue but no way to know b/c the logs are not recorded when the bootloader crashes right after it gives you the connection IP.

Is there another way to capture logs?