XPEnology Community

Missing 3 SSD drives after Redpill Friend updated to 0.0.6

MajkelP

After nearly more than one year I have a problem on my DS3622x (on  ESXi-7.0U3o-22348816) 

Today in the morning I rebooted and Redpill Friend updated to 0.0.6 and I lost three drives. 

I checked them in the BIOS on the LSI  SAS9211-8i IT controller and all are visible. 

I am not quite sure what could happened. 

I thought maybe something crashed so I decided to update to DSM 7.2, (I was going to do it anyway )

so I did it and I used new tinycore-redpill.v0.10.0.0.vmdk file and create new bootloader I used the same MAC and SN. 

I have one physical drive (HDD) connected to SATA port on the motherboard and 6 SSD drives connected to above SAS controller -> pass-through. 

After I type ./rploader.sh satamap 

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh satamap
Machine is VIRTUAL Hypervisor=VMware
Found SCSI HBAs, We need to install the SCSI modules
scsi-5.10.3-tinycore64 is already installed!
Succesfully installed SCSI modules

Found "02:00.0 VMware SATA AHCI controller"
Detected 30 ports/1 drives. Mapping SATABOOT drive after maxdisks

Found "02:01.0 VMware SATA AHCI controller"
Detected 30 ports/1 drives. Defaulting 8 virtual ports for typical system compat                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ibility
Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <8>

Found SCSI/HBA "03:00.0 LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2308 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              SAS-2 (rev 05)" (0 drives)

Computed settings:
SataPortMap=18
DiskIdxMap=1000

Should i update the user_config.json with these values ? [Yy/Nn] y
Done.

I created bootloader and proceed with installation and upgrade. 

In the new system I still cannot see these three drives: ( I attached pictures) 

I would like ask for the advice or help what I can do. 

Thanks

M

Syno01.png

Syno02.png

• 3 months later...