XPEnology Community

arpl-i18n Loader install shows weird text glitches and not proper text during boot loading...

Hi all,

I've used the same approach to install DSM 7.2 last week on another NAS, so i know the proces should work.

With this install, I get this indistinguishable text. I tried a different USB and re-flashed the image....any idea?

It can't be hardware as boot sequence seems to have normal text. Is it the flashing process?

I used Etcher to flash the image so there are no steps I can screw up...I think

latest image from github for arpl-i18n

video of the boot from USB:

Edited by milosv

• milosv changed the title to arpl-i18n Loader install shows weird text glitches and not proper text during boot loading...

Update: RESOLVED

To help out others with similar issues:

I read a lot of people mention grub settings with issues such as this. however none resolutions worked.

I read one issue where it was resolved with a BIOS update, that is what I did and it resolved itself. text appears normal.

In case if it was a combination of GRUB config change and BIOS updates here are the changes I did to USB boot as well:

Edit GRUB.cfg file in notepad or similar, find "GRUB_GFXMODE=AUTO"  and change "AUTO to "800x600" Do not use any ultrawide resolution as GRUB does not contain such fancy resolutions. the one i used worked fine on my ultrawide monitor.

Edited by milosv
  • Like 1