XPEnology Community

Replacement for Synology SSL Wildcard Certificate

Philebos

Hallo,

I am currently in the process of migrating from my Synology NAS to a self-build one running XPEnology.

One of the reasons for switching is that the Synology Hardware was just to slow for my increasing taste of hosting my own services via Docker Containers.

Up until now I used the SSL Wildcard Certificate provided from Let's Encrypt via Synology to reverse proxy into the self-hosted services which need easy remote access.

That is option is, of course, gone now and I am searching for a good alternative.

What do other Xpenology users do who face the same problem. Currently my plan is to just buy one from ssl2buy for example. 

Are there other, better options I am overlooking? 

19 часов назад, Philebos сказал:

Up until now I used the SSL Wildcard Certificate provided from Let's Encrypt via Synology to reverse proxy into the self-hosted services which need easy remote access.

That is option is, of course, gone now and I am searching for a good alternative.

Why - gone? It works on Xpenology

10 часов назад, Philebos сказал:

that's interesting.

for me it didn't work the first time I tried. But I immediately assumed that it wouldn't work anyway. I shall try again then...

Use your original SN/MAC in Xpenology DSM

• 1 month later...