XPEnology Community

DSM 7.1 does not detect NICs (RTL8125 and X540-AT2)

Agente Zeth

Hi

I'm trying to install a DS3622xs+ on an i5-12400T but I can't get it to detect the network cards.

The motherboard is a z690 gaming x with a NIC:

+-1c.2-[06]----00.0 Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Driver [10ec:8125]

and pcie nics:

+-01.0-[01]--+-00.0 Intel Corporation 10-Gigabit X540-AT2 Ethernet Controller [8086:1528]
           | \-00.1 Intel Corporation 10-Gigabit X540-AT2 Ethernet Driver [8086:1528]

The commands I am using are:

./rploader.sh update

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh identifyusb

./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+ realmac

./rploader.sh satamap

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

exitcheck.sh restart

After reboot no ping

I also tried manual mode:

./rploader.sh extension broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/ixgbe/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh extension broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8125/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 manual

But I get the same result.

I have tried DS918+ and curiously the X540 works (only if I do the installation process with RTL8125 and after restarting I change the cable to x540)

Edited by Agente Zeth

Hi

I'm trying to install a DS3622xs+ on an i5-12400T but I can't get it to detect the network cards.

The motherboard is a z690 gaming x with a NIC:
+-1c.2-[06]----00.0 Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Driver [10ec:8125]

and pcie nics:
 +-01.0-[01]--+-00.0 Intel Corporation 10-Gigabit X540-AT2 Ethernet Controller [8086:1528]
           | \-00.1 Intel Corporation 10-Gigabit X540-AT2 Ethernet Driver [8086:1528]

The commands I am using are:
./rploader.sh update./rploader.sh fullupgrade now./rploader.sh identifyusb./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+ realmac./rploader.sh satamap./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661exitcheck.sh restart

After reboot no ping

I also tried manual mode:

./rploader.sh extension broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/ixgbe/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh extension broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8125/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 manual

I have tried DS918+ and curiously the X540 works (only if I do the installation process with RTL8125 and after restarting I change the cable to x540)

Specifically, DS3622xs+ should not include ixgbe as it contains Intel 10GB vanilla drivers. These two drivers will conflict with each other. It seems that this conflict is affected by the Realtek NIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

Specifically, DS3622xs+ should not include ixgbe as it contains Intel 10GB vanilla drivers. These two drivers will conflict with each other. It seems that this conflict is affected by the Realtek NIC.

Hello Peter, do you think that if I deactivate realtek, the intel will work?

Hello Peter, do you think that if I deactivate realtek, the intel will work?

First, try Intel 10G without any additional drivers. However, there is also the possibility that TCRP will forcefully automatically add IXGBE. I think you should use the manual option at the end of the rploader.sh line

15 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

First, try Intel 10G without any additional drivers. However, there is also the possibility that TCRP will forcefully automatically add IXGBE. I think you should use the manual option at the end of the rploader.sh line

Hello Peter, yesterday I was trying some combinations and the intel NIC did not work.

I removed the x540 and the realtec worked without problems (if you have to load the r8125 module, it doesn't automatically do it)

I have been seeing some messages and it seems that they are incompatible, they recommend using X710, its price is very high.

I feel a bit disappointed, because I thought it would be less problematic than the threadripper 2950x (less heat, less current consumption, no gpu needed)

Anyway

3 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Intel 10GB nic and DS3622xs+ issue was discussed. There was no user who could not solve it at the time, and you are the first case that has not been solved now. I think you should check the detailed junior og analysis and the correct driver list. https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/issues/103

That theme solved the problem, I did the installation with r8125, I turn off and insert x540 and it works OMG

Now I have some more serious problems in disk detection (it detects 8 SATA inputs on the board, being only 6, the m2 is not detected and 3 asmedia hdd is not detected), question: is it possible that the installation by DTS file?

7 hours ago, Agente Zeth said:

That theme solved the problem, I did the installation with r8125, I turn off and insert x540 and it works OMG

Now I have some more serious problems in disk detection (it detects 8 SATA inputs on the board, being only 6, the m2 is not detected and 3 asmedia hdd is not detected), question: is it possible that the installation by DTS file?

DS3622xs+
Disk recognition should be handled by adjusting the SataPortMap.

The models that require DTC are DS1621+ and DS920+.
The vanilla driver for the Intel 10GB NIC is not included, so there is no need to do the same as now, and it seems to be used as TCRP automatically finds it.

Both models are automatically mapped to disk based on the device-tree method. SataPortMap is deprecated.
M.2 NVMe may also require additional tuning.

Edited by Peter Suh