XPEnology Community

Can I install DSM on Iomega ix12-300r?

Omar Chiyean

Hi folks...

As you can see in the tittle, I have this discontinued NAS iOmega ix12-300r which specs are:

StorCenter ix12-300r/8TB, 8 TB SATA-II, 2U, Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz CPU, 2GB DDR2, Gigabit Ethernet, 3x USB 2.0, RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10

As far as I know, it has a hardware RAID Controller, but I don´t have the data of it. The problem is that i can't get hard disk to make it work, 'cause they aren´t manufactured now days.

So I was trying to set it with 2TB WD Red, but with no lucky...

So the alternative was to try to install on this box DSM.

Hope there is a light to the tunnel end!!!

Thanks in advance!!

On 6/22/2022 at 8:19 PM, Omar Chiyean said:

iOmega ix12-300r which specs are:

StorCenter ix12-300r/8TB, 8 TB SATA-II, 2U, Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz CPU, 2GB DDR2, Gigabit Ethernet, 3x USB 2.0, RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10

beside the cpu its about the storage controller, seem to be marvell 88SE6440 and the driver would be "mvsas", so it should work with dsm 6 and 7 (if it was sata*.ko it would have been a problem)

https://smallhacks.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/installing-debian-linux-on-iomega-storcenter-pro-ix-12/

i'd say just try tc rp loader and 3622, should work, older network controllers are usually not a problem so network should be working ootb i guess

as dsm is "headless" you might skip the serial connection step from the link above dsm is made to be installed without a that