XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill loader (TCRP) - Development release 0.9

14 minutes ago, Blubster said:

Hey @zjcai

From my understanding, starting with DSM7.2, it is no longer required to "add" specific drivers, they should be taken care from the "all-modules" approach. I tried your way for adding support for AQC107 when i found that it was no longer working in DSM7.2, but faced the same issue you have.

I found later that the module was indeed included but for me another issue prevent the module atlantic.ko from working.

You should try to build the loader without anything special, it would pull whatever it needs and hopefully you have everything working.

Btw, try the HTML builder, it is awesome!

pocopico explained in this thread a bit earlier how to run it, very simple. You may have to recover your satamap, i don't think it worked for me at first though.

You can look at this post for instance.

The TCRP HTML Builder has reached a stable status and it is available for all to test and report any additions or ideas to improve.

Thanks to all for the assistance in testing and especially @pcristi for pointing some bugs :) Thanks Mate ! 

You can have a look at :

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/wiki/TCRP-Web-Builder

More pictures and a how to manual will be soon be in the WiKI section of the repo. 

To try please download latest 0.9.4.8 and point your browser to the TCRP ip e.g. http://yourip 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Blubster said:

Hey @zjcai

From my understanding, starting with DSM7.2, it is no longer required to "add" specific drivers, they should be taken care from the "all-modules" approach. I tried your way for adding support for AQC107 when i found that it was no longer working in DSM7.2, but faced the same issue you have.

I found later that the module was indeed included but for me another issue prevent the module atlantic.ko from working.

You should try to build the loader without anything special, it would pull whatever it needs and hopefully you have everything working.

Btw, try the HTML builder, it is awesome!

pocopico explained in this thread a bit earlier how to run it, very simple. You may have to recover your satamap, i don't think it worked for me at first though.

You can look at this post for instance.

thank you very much, blubster.

I will try rebuilding it with no extra drivers added. 

The HTML way sounds great, I'll give it a try later.

10 hours ago, pocopico said:

The TCRP HTML Builder has reached a stable status and it is available for all to test and report any additions or ideas to improve.

Thanks to all for the assistance in testing and especially @pcristi for pointing some bugs :) Thanks Mate ! 

You can have a look at :

More pictures and a how to manual will be soon be in the WiKI section of the repo. 

To try please download latest 0.9.4.8 and point your browser to the TCRP ip e.g. http://yourip 

Thanks for the great work on this project !

I will try the web-builder ASAP.

12 hours ago, zjcai said:

thank you very much, blubster.

I will try rebuilding it with no extra drivers added. 

The HTML way sounds great, I'll give it a try later.

Delete all extra drivers, build with no error, and the e1000e and igb drivers are present in DSM.

but .....

the powerbutton doesn't work!

On 6/4/2023 at 1:31 AM, zjcai said:

Manually copied the acpid.service file to /usr/lib/systemd/system, now the power button works like a charm. Thank you!

where did you download the "acpid.service file" and then how did you copy it to the directory you mention?

6 hours ago, pedroj666 said:

where did you download the "acpid.service file" and then how did you copy it to the directory you mention?

according to the script here ( https://github.com/pocopico/tcrp-addons/blob/main/acpid/releases/install.sh ) I manually installed the acpid addon.

but i beleve the best option is to add the ACPI addon as  @pocopico suggested when you build the image.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zjcai said:

according to the script here ( https://github.com/pocopico/tcrp-addons/blob/main/acpid/releases/install.sh ) I manually installed the acpid addon.

but i beleve the best option is to add the ACPI addon as  @pocopico suggested when you build the image.

Unfortunately ACPI addon is not working in DSM version 7.2/6456. The entire boot creation process fails if I use the ACPI addon in the latest version of DSM! That's why I'm asking how did you get around this problem?

49 minutes ago, pedroj666 said:

Unfortunately ACPI addon is not working in DSM version 7.2/6456. The entire boot creation process fails if I use the ACPI addon in the latest version of DSM! That's why I'm asking how did you get around this problem?

I have been using this command to download the ACPI driver (./rploader.sh ext ds920p-7.1.1-42962 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/redpill-load/master/redpill-acpid /rpext-index.json). Can you share with me an updated command to download ACPI for the latest version of DSM?

25 minutes ago, pedroj666 said:

I have been using this command to download the ACPI driver (./rploader.sh ext ds920p-7.1.1-42962 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/redpill-load/master/redpill-acpid /rpext-index.json). Can you share with me an updated command to download ACPI for the latest version of DSM?

you can try this one. It may works.

./rploader.sh ext ds920p-7.2.0-64561 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/tcrp-addons/main/acpid/rpext-index.json

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 4:33 PM, pocopico said:

You can have a look at :

Hello

I tried your Web builder.

I upgreded my 920+ from 7.1 to 7.2

I booted image, put my Ip to browser, select my model and add 2 extensions: ACPI and Virtio

Build

First boot with friend was ok. The system ask the new .pat, upgrade...

First login OK.

I trired restart. OK

system boot, login screen.

Enter Username and passwd.

AND

The system is ready. Please log in later! or similar message.

I cant login.

I waited 10 mins, tired it adain, nothing changed.

I see login screen, and ask pw, but nothing changes.

What can I do? I tried rebuild the loader, the result is same...

Edit: I use xpeno under proxmox

Edited by RedCat

4 hours ago, RedCat said:

Hello

I tried your Web builder.

I upgreded my 920+ from 7.1 to 7.2

I booted image, put my Ip to browser, select my model and add 2 extensions: ACPI and Virtio

Build

First boot with friend was ok. The system ask the new .pat, upgrade...

First login OK.

I trired restart. OK

system boot, login screen.

AND

The system is ready. Please log in later! or similar message.

I cant login.

I waited 10 mins, tired it adain, nothing changed.

I see login screen, and ask pw, but nothing changes.

What can I do? I tried rebuild the loader, the result is same...

Edit: I use xpeno under proxmox

"Booting up the system. Please login later!"

I cant login login sience 4 hours. Services (plex, samba) dont run.

ssh work, but if I try to login: Server unexpectedly closed network connection.

What can I do? Please help

Edited by RedCat

3 hours ago, RedCat said:

I cant login login sience 4 hours. Services (plex, samba) dont run.

ssh work, but if I try to login: Server unexpectedly closed network connection.

What can I do? Please help

I've updated some modules, can you try to recreate the loader once more ? 

1 hour ago, pocopico said:

I've updated some modules, can you try to recreate the loader once more ? 

I did it, but something went wrong. I recreated the loader. Friend boot, show IP, Mac, etc.

Count back 5 to 0, and try loading (i think). But 1 sec after the virtual machine restart, and boot again. start friend...

I tried 3x times to recreate loader.

The new loader (web) detect

SataPortMap= 0

DiskIdxMap= 8

The old loader (below 0.9) detect

SataPortMap= 1

DiskIdxMap= 10

Which is good? I tried both, always restart the vm.

I tried start it without friend, I selected direct sata from menu, vm restarted inmeditaly

7 hours ago, RedCat said:

I did it, but something went wrong. I recreated the loader. Friend boot, show IP, Mac, etc.

Count back 5 to 0, and try loading (i think). But 1 sec after the virtual machine restart, and boot again. start friend...

I tried 3x times to recreate loader.

The new loader (web) detect

SataPortMap= 0

DiskIdxMap= 8

The old loader (below 0.9) detect

SataPortMap= 1

DiskIdxMap= 10

Which is good? I tried both, always restart the vm.

I tried start it without friend, I selected direct sata from menu, vm restarted inmeditaly

Can you please give me some details on the platform and your hardware specs ?

1 hour ago, pocopico said:

Can you please give me some details on the platform and your hardware specs ?

Of course:

Proxmox run on this hardware:

Asrock Steel Legend H570 motherboard

Intel i5-11400 CPU

32 GB ram

512 GB NVME SSD

1x2.5 Gb ethetnet

Xpenology virtual mashine:

6 GB ram

4 cpu core

6 HDD:

- sata0: 1 GB loader

-sata1: 100 GB virtual HDD for DSM and programs

-sata2-4: SHR raid for my data

-sata5: single volume for camera video

Virtio network card

I used before 7.1 dsm on 920+. It worked perfectly 1 years long

Yesterday I tried to update it to dsm 7.2

Edited by RedCat

57 minutes ago, RedCat said:

Of course:

Proxmox run on this hardware:

Asrock Steel Legend H570 motherboard

Intel i5-11400 CPU

32 GB ram

512 GB NVME SSD

1x2.5 Gb ethetnet

Xpenology virtual mashine:

6 GB ram

4 cpu core

6 HDD:

- sata0: 1 GB loader

-sata1: 100 GB virtual HDD for DSM and programs

-sata2-4: SHR raid for my data

-sata5: single volume for camera video

Virtio network card

I used before 7.1 dsm on 920+. It worked perfectly 1 years long

Yesterday I tried to update it to dsm 7.2

For proxmox, i would use the loader attached at a USB disk.

Please follow the instructions of other users, as this has been thoroughly tested and works.

19 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Please follow the instructions of other users, as this has been thoroughly tested and works.

The system worked like this for a long time. The loader booted, everything was fine. You changed something yesterday, since then the loader won't even boot. I don't think this is normal, you might have messed something up. Please find and correct the bug.
Ok, I'll try to boot from usb.

13 hours ago, pocopico said:

I've updated the all-modules extension.

Thank you so much! I rebuilt the loader using the html builder, it built fine and now the 10g ethernet works! Also both 1g ports are working, previously (a few months ago, when i built using 0.9.2.x and DSM7.1) only one of them was working.

Fyi, i had to manually change SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap from the html loader, again it had wrong values, is it supposed to be this way? it's fine for me but i was under the impression that values from these fields would be populated from the result of "satamap" command.

With using the html loader, what should we be doing in oder to update it? is it automatic or should we use Additional Actions\Full upgrade loader from it?

Again, thank you so much! This is so amazing!

Edited by Blubster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blubster said:

Thank you so much! I rebuilt the loader using the html builder, it built fine and now the 10g ethernet works! Also both 1g ports are working, previously (a few months ago, when i built using 0.9.2.x and DSM7.1) only one of them was working.

Fyi, i had to manually change SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap from the html loader, again it had wrong values, is it supposed to be this way? it's fine for me but i was under the impression that values from these fields would be populated from the result of "satamap" command.

With using the html loader, what should we be doing in oder to update it? is it automatic or should we use Additional Actions\Full upgrade loader from it?

Again, thank you so much! This is so amazing!

SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap are just an estimation 

TCRP Friend should handle all updates automatically.

All the tests included starting from 7.0.1 and went up to 7.2.0 without running any manual command.

Edited by pocopico

4 hours ago, pocopico said:

I did the usb loader. Now not restarted the VM, but the result is same:

DSM boot, I see Login screen.

I cant login. I waited 1 hour, but nothing changed.

Edited by RedCat